Galaxy 10R signal quality lower than normal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Hi,
I was receiving some channels via the Galaxy 10R bird - RTN networks. Sometime late last I lost most of my channels due to low signal quality. My rececption of other satellites appear to be normal/unchanged. Has anyone else experienced Galaxy 10R - drop off? I performed a blind search on my Coolsat 4000 pro - with no success. Is there anything else I can do? I'm currently in the north east(Boston) and using a 30 inch dish/Ivacom lnb. Would procuring a 33 inch dish provide a signal gain?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a little north of you in southern New Hampshire, and I got about 50-55% quality on The Tube transponder on G10R last night around 7pm. Using a 90cm (35") dish here.

Robbert

No, the weather has been stable the last few days.
Something must have changed - I'll need to check my setup. Unfortunately the Galaxy 10R satellite
is my favorite - I was even able to watch the TUBE early last week. Do you think a slightly bigger dish is worth investing into? I presently running with a 31 inch - would a 33 inch give me enough quality gain to consistently pull
in the Galaxy 10R bird?

maybe the dish needs to be peaked (or the LNB)

I'm using a Winegard 30" and a Fortec .4 LNB with no issues

If you're going to buy a new dish, unless larger size is an issue, it would probably be better to make a 'bigger leap' than from 31" to 33". Some 30"s (Winegard 2076) outperform the 33"s.

I'd go with a 36" - 1 meter for an upgrade if possible...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

canada

No Hack Talk!!!! We Do Not Allow Theft Of Service Here!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)