Future proof, Mpeg 4 sat dish with HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyhog

Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Need HD DVR now, but don't expect MPeg 4 in backwater FL anytime soon... don't have D* yet(had it before Hurricane Charlie took us out in '04)... what future proof dish do I need for MPeg 4, and can I get the future compatible MPeg 4 dish from D* AND will it work with the HR10-250... I need 2 rooms covered....

I don't even understand what I just wrote... guess I'm wondering what dish to order that is MPeg 4 capable for 2 rooms.. thanks... Wayne:eek:

Well there really is no such thing as future proof, but if you care to hold out a bit longer, a newer version of the AT9 dish is right around the corner supposedly and it promises to be lighter, as good a gain value, yet lower in overall profile (height) so not as susceptible to wind; however cane forces are deadly to nearly everything.

the new at9 five lnb dish is compatable with all irds but the hd tivo isnt mpeg4 so it wont matter if you have the new dish or th oval3

D* came out yesterday to install the AT9 dish and H 20 receiver. The tech got lost so was an hour late getting here. Miami is getting the local satellite coverage now but most everybody at directtv don't know anything about it so you have to ask for a supervisor who normally doesn't know anything either. I finally cancelled the whole order because I realized I just needed the dish because my HDDVR would work better. They wouldn't just install the dish. When they get the new MPEG4 DVR hopefully everything will work. Good luck on getting someone to understand what they are doing now from Directtv. I left out a ton of details of their lack of knowledge about their product Calling them to get an intelligent answer is a waste of time. Just wait until someone trains them on what they offer in Miami.

Miami is getting the local HDs allready? How? I got mine isntalled (large 5 lnb dish with an h-20 box), and when I do a signal test on sat 99, i get N/A on all transponders. Please enlighten me

bubbers44 said:
Miami is getting the local satellite coverage now but most everybody at directtv don't know anything about it so you have to ask for a supervisor who normally doesn't know anything either.

What?

When was Miami launched? I sure haven't read anything about it. Even Lyngsat doesn't show it yet: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa103.html I even called 2 friends in the Miami area and they sure haven't had it turned on, nor have they read about it.

AND here was the supposed list of HD LIL dates emailed to users @ another board. What are you talking about?

Area Locals start to broadcast Area Locals start to broadcast
Atlanta----------- Nov 22, 2005
Milwaukee --------May 2006
Baltimore ---------June 2006
Minneapolis -------Apr 19, 2006
Birmingham ------Apr 19, 2006
Nashville ---------Apr 19, 2006
Boston -----------Dec 8, 2005
New York --------since 2003
Charlotte --------June 2006
Orlando ----------June 2006
Chicago ----------Nov 22, 2005
Philadelphia -------Nov 22, 2005
Cleveland --------June 2006
Phoenix ---------May 2006
Columbus --------Apr 19, 2006
Pittsburgh -------Apr 19, 2006
Dallas-not-------- ABC Dec 8, 2005
Raleigh----------June 2006
Denver--------- June 2006
Sacramento------- Apr 19, 2006
Detroit----------- Oct 20, 2005
St. Louis --------May 2006
Fresno -----------May 2006
Salt Lake City --------May 2006
Hartford ---------June 2006
San Antonio ----------June 2006
Houston---------not CBS Dec 8, 2005
San Diego -------Apr 19, 2006
Indianapolis ------June 2006
San Francisco ------Nov 22, 2005
Kansas City --------Apr 19, 2006
Seattle ----------June 2006
Los Angeles ------since 2003
Tampa. -------------Dec 8, 2005
Miami ---------------June 2006
Washington, D.C.---- Dec 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach------- June 2006

I was reading High Def Forum reports of D* telling them Miami was coming April 8th with HD local satellite. Obviously it was wrong. Knowing now the H10-250 won't work with the new locals since they are MPEG4 I am just going to wait until they have the H20-250 available. Sorry for throwing more confusion into the pot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Did I buy the right stuff?

Behold, I have a hd locals date list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)