FTA & Uniden 4400

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Does anyone have a diagram or can tell me how to connect this to the Fortec Mercury II for Ku only?

Will this work with my DVB system, as in the signature.
And, once I plug it up and turn it on, do I just select any satellite? (Keep in mind this Uniden 4400 has not been updated in 5-6 years so everything is either G, T, E, S, or F as the letters like G5 or S3....)

And then once connected and setup, do I do some type of scan thru the Uniden or the Fortec?

If slaved off of the Fortec, do I have to go thru the Fortec menus to add this Uniden 4400 onto it?

jself1982 said:
Does anyone have a diagram or can tell me how to connect this to the Fortec Mercury II for Ku only?
loop out of Fortec into UNiden. You'll need 2 inputs on your TV/VCR (one for Fortec one for Uniden)

Will this work with my DVB system, as in the signature.
yes
And, once I plug it up and turn it on, do I just select any satellite? (Keep in mind this Uniden 4400 has not been updated in 5-6 years so everything is either G, T, E, S, or F as the letters like G5 or S3....)
as long as you are on KU its irrelevant. I have Galaxy 7 logged in my Toshiba for all satellites BUT SBS6. SBS6 is logged separate because its frequencies are set up differently

And then once connected and setup, do I do some type of scan thru the Uniden or the Fortec?
don't understand what your asking. Analog has the same frequencies across the board (but SBS6) so channel 4 on AMC9 is the same as channel 4 on G11 (polarity might be different)

If slaved off of the Fortec, do I have to go thru the Fortec menus to add this Uniden 4400 onto it?
nope. All the Fortec is doing is supplying the power and polarity to the Uniden. All tuning on the analog is done on said box :)

Thank you very much, guess I will go play for just a few minutes...the braves and the race have me occupied for now, but thank you alot.....:up

Quick diagram!

Attachments

• dualLNBF.gif
    dualLNBF.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 198
Iceberg said:
as long as you are on KU its irrelevant. I have Galaxy 7 logged in my Toshiba for all satellites BUT SBS6. SBS6 is logged separate because its frequencies are set up differently

Iceberg,

I've just picked up a Uniden 4600. Been reading the posts and i believe I understand all but the statement above. Can you detail "how" SBS6 should be set up? Thank you!

On my Toshiba TRX-1420 I just scrolled through the satellites until SBS6 came up and hit OK.

I had an old Uniden 4200 that on SBS6 the channels would just be off and there was no way for me to change it : (

Some of the “newer” boxes have a specific option to set up for SBS6 since the frequencies aren’t the same as the others (most of the other satellites have 24 analog TP’s and are in 20k steps. SBS6 has 19 TP’s)

I have a Uniden 4400 and I just created a new KU sat and it seems to work ok for SBS 6. I have a universal LNB so I can only scan about 2/3 of the TPs on KU but that is a seperate issue. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I am a hacker and am getting banned

Coolsat Remote interfeers with DVBWorld USB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)