FTA Setup Help...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PaNo617

Original poster
May 5, 2005
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying either a CoolSat 4000 Pro or a DigiWave DG7000. I'm still new to FTA so i'm still learning more about it. My question is, I would like to settup a dish that can recieve both KU-Band and Dish Network. I know that i'll need a 30"+ dish and a DSS LNB. Now if i add a motor could i pick up the dish network channels (ppv,international) and also be able to pick up KU band? What would i be able to pick up with this type of setup? Also i'm located in Massachusetts. What do you guys suggest? Thanks for any info!

Hello and Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :)

Not at the same time, you would be best with a dedicated fixed dish for your international channels. But if you don't mind just seeing one satellite at a time the motorized dish will work fine.

Thanks for the quick response. So with the motrized dish i'll be able to pick up dish newtork, and ku, ok. Is there any benefit of seeing more then one dish at once? Instead of having it motorized to tune it to whatever sat you want to watch at that particular time? Sorry for being such a Newbie..lol

Its really sad when we give people the benefit of the doubt and they crap on it

This is a NO HACK TALK BOARD!!

thread closed

you will be able to pick up KU with a 30" dish, but the only things with Dish Network you can get LEGALLY are a few barker channels, the audio, and NASA and Gol TV.

PPV, Int'l and such are only available on the 2 receivers you mentioned (did anybody notice he didnt mention Dish Network receivers??) with an illegal software download which is not permitted here

Free to Air and Free to Steal are 2 different things......god I wish Dish would speed up the card swap :D:)

I reopened the thread after talking with the OP

Most KU band needs a 30" dish and a KU band LNB

If you deicde to add a DBS LNB, here is what you can pick up legally
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

Most people add a DBS for one of the following
-Nasa
-Gol TV
-The audio channels

I have it for the audio (love Power 97 out of Winnipeg) and mainly, to see what free stuff is there. Yes, its mostly slates. Nothing says exciting TV than the following channels
-The one that says "you need a second dish to view this channel"....used for Dish Network locals on a wing dish
-You have purchased XXXXX program (used when you order the big sports event like Wrestlemania)
-How to swap your card for the new system
-slate saying a channel is moving

I usually scan once a week to see what is new up there...sometimes they goof up and a movie channel shows up for a while. I know there was a PPV channel that hadn't gone live yet and it had a wrestlemania top moments program on it....3 hours later it was black :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecPC LNB/Dish for FTA?

Q about second LNBF for additional sat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)