Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Gentlemen,

I am planing to buy another receiver. I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and it works fine, but I was wondering if I should look for a different brand this time and what the advantages would be.

All suggestions are welcome.

I just upgraded to the Fortec Classic NA. (NO REGRETS)

And I have installed most of the receivers in the review area :)

Just my opinion :)

are you replacing a receiver or adding one?

If you get the same type and have it in the same room you may have remote interference :)

(my 1500 and 6000 contradict with each other alot..had to move the 1500)

Coolsat 5000 is one of my favorites. Very fast blind scan and easy to set up

Hi all, I am new here.

I am wondering if the Coolsat5000 will work with my current satalliete pointing towards the BEV signal. Let me know what i am missing or to look for.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

As much channel as I can get the better. The phsyical setup should be fine, just wonderiing if i am missing anything besides the new FTA Coolsat5000 receiver.

Thanks in advance! ^-^

Iceberg said:
are you replacing a receiver or adding one?

If you get the same type and have it in the same room you may have remote interference :)

(my 1500 and 6000 contradict with each other alot..had to move the 1500)

Coolsat 5000 is one of my favorites. Very fast blind scan and easy to set up

I am adding a new one in a separate room. I also have a computer in that room. How good are the PC card receivers and which one should I get. I know they are cheaper and with the money left over I can get a new LNB. I was looking at the Invacom SNH-031 and run across a High Gain Low Noise 0.3db Universal Single LNBF Model No. HL-01 which claims to have a gain between 65 and 70 dB compared to the 50 - 60 from Invacom.
Any advice?

Thanks Ice. I've had my receiver setup for over 4 months and still don't know the advantage of blind scan, normally I setup the dish and let it scan for FTA by itself.
WHat am I missing?
Also, any suggestions about the LNB?

Thanks again and excuse my ignorance.:rolleyes:

blind scan finds all those fun "feeds" that are out there. These can be there for 10 minutes (news feeds), couple hours (sports feeds) or the occasional channel that is added for whatever reason (as an example, we have had channels pop up because their TV tower collapsed, was on fire, got raken out by a natural disaster, etc)

Thats what a blind scan does. It searches the combination of frequencies and symbol rates to find stuff not sotred in the box right now.

For feeds
IA6 (93W) is really good for news feeds

SBS6 (74W), IA8 (89W) and G11 (91W) are pretty good for sports feeds

you can do it on occasion. The Coolsat is really fast so I do it a few times a night. My Pansat 6000 is really slow so I only do it on SBS6 and IA6 (I manually type in the stuff that I get from the Coolsat)

Just to clarify, there is no interferance between the Fortec Lifetime Ultra and the Fortec Lifetime CLASSIC NA remotes. So, even if you have them in the same room, each will need its own RC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

can,t get a signal Quality above 7%

Satellite list update for CW600

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)