FTA MPEG on Existing Analog questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi
I'm sure, somewhere, these questions have already been answered, but please, just humor me for a moment (be gentle)... ;)
I have an existing 8' dish and analog receiver with Digicipher. We already subscribe to several analog channels.
If I add an FTA MPEG receiver, can it co-exist with the analog?
Also, the encrypted MPEG channels - can I get those with a subscription or do the FTA receivers support that? I'm a bit lost there.
Will the receiver need a Ku LNB or can it work with the C?
What would anyone recommend as far as a setup like this?
On another note - I have a dual-DISHNetwork Dish500 setup - can I use one of those dishes with a FTA receiver? What's required there?

14karat said:
I'm sure, somewhere, these questions have already been answered, but please, just humor me for a moment (be gentle)... ;)
I have an existing 8' dish and analog receiver with Digicipher. We already subscribe to several analog channels.
If I add an FTA MPEG receiver, can it co-exist with the analog?
yes it can. There is a couple ways of doing it.
Also, the encrypted MPEG channels - can I get those with a subscription or do the FTA receivers support that? I'm a bit lost there.
Some reuqire a subscription (Globecast). The rest can't be picked up
Will the receiver need a Ku LNB or can it work with the C?
It can work with both. There is some C-Band FTA stuff, but to maximize it get a KU LNBF
On another note - I have a dual-DISHNetwork Dish500 setup - can I use one of those dishes with a FTA receiver? What's required there?
Yes you can to get the audio on Dish and a couple barker channels. You would need a DiSEqC switch to select between the different setups.

I don't have C-Band but someone may be able to help with the setup of that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Second, Third . . . Satellites

Fortec Lifetime ultra (No channel info)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)