fta european chanels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolf38

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Hi, I'm new to fta and would like some help on what to buy. I'm trying to set up my father with an fta to watch european chanels, specificaly Hungarian TV. Can any body steer me in the right direction on what I need to get started. What size dish will I need to get to receive european chanels from Canada? and which receiver? I'm looking at a pansat 2700. I'm also considering to get a motor for the dish.

Any help would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info,but it doesnt tell me what size dish I will need. I also checked out lyngsat. If I understand corectly there are chanels that I don't have to pay for. Am I right?

Anything on Lyngsat that is beige-colored is in the clear (unencrypted), and therefore free. The signal varies greatly among the transponders on 97w (IA-5), so it depends on which transponder you're looking for with regards to dish size.

In general, you will need AT LEAST a 30 inch dish for FTA. Larger would be better, if you can install a 36" or a 1 meter you'll get a stronger signal especially during rainy weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need of help with dish setup

FTA HD ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts