Free week of NFL Network on Time Warner

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just read an associated press report that the nfl has agreed to show a free preview of nfl network on time warner (and another cable company i can't remember) for a week. the free preview will cover the two college bowl games the network is airing but none of the thursday or saturday nfl games!!

i thought the story made it clear that time warner and cablevision were going to show it. but i might be confused too......happens sometimes.

The article doesn't say if they will be carrying the free week. The other question is, if TWC and Cablevision decide to carry this preview will they be offering this to all of their regions or just the NY/NJ service region?

The other question is, if TWC and Cablevision decide to carry this preview will they be offering this to all of their regions or just the NY/NJ service region?

Exactly. The mere fact that NFL offered it means nothing, and even if TWC takes them up on the offer it does not mean it will be available in all TWC serviced areas.

If they do choose not to, it reflects poorly on T-W.

Not sure this one carries any weight with TWC :)

I wonder how many times the NFL Network will run promotions telling viewers to call their cable company to add the NFL Network ?

Operators Shrug at NFL Network Offer

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6399794.html?display=Breaking+News

Operators Shrug at NFL Network Offer

By R. Thomas Umstead 12/13/2006 6:00:00 PMDigg This | add to Del.icio.us |

Time Warner Cable Wednesday punted NFL Network’s six-day free preview offer back to the network with several options that would include basic-tier carriage of the Dec. 28 Rutgers-Kansas State Texas Bowl game.

Responding to the NFL Network’s free preview offer made yesterday to New York area Time Warner Cable and Cablevision systems, the MSO said it could not offer on its basic tier the network’s full free preview programming slate – which includes live coverage of the Dec. 29 Minnesota/Texas Tech Insight Bowl – as part of its digital tier due to a lack of channel capacity.

Instead, Time Warner -- in a letter to the 41 million subscriber network -- said is willing to offer the Texas Bowl on a stand alone basis to its basic subscribers or the full free preview lineup on its digital tier.

Cablevision said it would only make the Rutgers game available to all of its basic cable customers as part of the free preview.

An NFL Network spokesman, however, declined comment on whether it would allow either MSO to offer the game on a stand-alone basis.

this is crazy. the nfl network offers a free preview with no strings attached and time warner still turns them down!!

this is crazy. the nfl network offers a free preview with no strings attached and time warner still turns them down!!

There were strings attached. If I remember correctly, I'm kinda out of it today being sick and all, but NFL still was requiring the preview be available on basic analog cable. It sounded to me like TWC has ran out of room for analog channels.

TWC Wednesday came closer to possibly reaching an agreement with the NFL Network. I wouldn't however and leave the channel hang out to dry. That's just me, the NFL turned me away from watching pro ball. To greedy for their own good.

TWC Wednesday came closer to possibly reaching an agreement with the NFL Network. I wouldn't however and leave the channel hang out to dry. That's just me, the NFL turned me away from watching pro ball. To greedy for their own good.

And, how exactly did TWC come closer on an agreement with the NFL Network? By turning down the NFL's offer for a free week preview.

HD8300 & Default Volume Help

Firmware Upgrade: Elmore County

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)