Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I just got an email from Directv saying I'm getting free hd for two years with the same stipulations as always, maintaining auto payments and at least Choice level programming. I was only supposed to get it through June, IIRC. I have read a post or two about others getting this extension. I hope this is the new norm.

very cool to hear
I'm set til December but when I upgraded to the HR34 I was told Entertainment package could be switched to and keep the HD free as the "current" subs who added it a couple years ago the only requirement was auto pay

I just got an email from Directv saying I'm getting free hd for two years with the same stipulations as always, maintaining auto payments and at least Choice level programming. I was only supposed to get it through June, IIRC. I have read a post or two about others getting this extension. I hope this is the new norm.

very cool and im glad for you :)

This is good to hear! I've been wondering what would happen when the 2-years expired. It seems like only yesterday that everyone (myself included) was able to get this deal -- the last two years have flown by. I imagine quite a few unhappy subscribers if they start getting charged $10 for HD again, so I hope the deal will be extended to everyone who still meets the requirements. I sure don't want to have to call and press them on it. I always lose!

Been with D* for 8 years...always paid the outragous $10 fee. Of course I don't call and cry or lie. Have autopay and paperless billing, doesn't help tho.

Been with D* for 8 years...always paid the outragous $10 fee. Of course I don't call and cry or lie. Have autopay and paperless billing, doesn't help tho.

Question is, have you called and asked at all.
They are not gonna give it to you if you don't inquire about it first.

It doesn't take crying of lying, when we all got it, about 2 years ago, the stipulation was call in and inquire and be willing to go on Auto pay, that was all.

I called and asked two years ago this coming June. I didn't cry or lie. What are you insinuating?

Glad to see they are still doing that.
I will be re upping soon.

When this first came into play,, I figured that in 2 years they would have implemented the fee into the programming and not charge a separate fee for it ... unfortunately that hasn't happened yet.
Better yet, instead of implementing it into the package, just drop it all together.

Glad to see they are still doing that.
I will be re upping soon.

When this first came into play,, I figured that in 2 years they would have implemented the fee into the programming and not charge a separate fee for it ... unfortunately that hasn't happened yet.
Better yet, instead of implementing it into the package, just drop it all together.

amen +1 :)

You don't have to cry or lie. Like any business transaction in a free market a product is provided at an agreed upon price for both the buyer and seller. Terms and price are negotiable. You simply need to call and ask nicely, that is what I did.

I called about another programming change, told them that I had heard about the 2 years of free HD, and the CSR put it on my account, no other questions asked.

Runs out pretty soon. Would be nice to get an extension.

Yeah, seems to me at the time this was an easy credit to get. I believe it was in response to DISH's "free HD for life" promotion -- DirecTV threw this bone to just about anyone who asked, provided you used auto-pay and maintained a minimum package. Usually I have trouble getting these things, but I all I did was call and ask -- no haggling (or crying) required.

I never cried or whined. I got upgraded to HD and I called them after the tech left and asked about free HD for current subs. They checked and the only requirement was auto pay which I had and they added it in 5 minutes.

Very easy to do

I have the AT&T bundle and was just told I would be able to keep free hd as long as I keep the bundle with auto pay.:)

actually according to Directv you are on auto pay regardless of what you do with AT&T

Because the DIrectv bill is paid (by the Telco...then they bill you) that meets the auto pay requirement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H25 receiver Satellite Detection

Info on DirecTV Network HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts