FOX Soccer channel on Galaxy 11

BarrySDCA

Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
I am new to satellite, other than DTV. I would like to receive Fox Soccer channel on Galaxy 11. I have no problem buying new equipment (prefer to get away from DTV actually). I'm having a difficult time deciphering the lyngsat info. Is this FTA or do I need to subscribe somewhere?

Thank you for any and all 411.

Barry

To answer the question:

It's not FTA. You would need to buy and install a 8-10 foot C-band dish, plus descrambling equipment (4DTV, I believe) AND you'd have to subscribe to the Fox Soccer channel (through somebody such as Skyvision, I believe).

Hey Carload,

I appreciate the reply. Everyone else did not give me a direct answer and infact redirect me elsewhere. Again, thank you!

I need a little extra help here. I called skyvision and they told me all Fox sports had an exclusive agreement with DTV. Can't I get it w/out going through DTV? It's the only channel I want and I have no problem buying a special dish setup for this one channel. I found the channel on Galaxy 11 from this page:

http://www.lyngsat.com/g11.html

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it a bunch!

If you are talking about the one located on G11/TP6 @ 3820v that channel has PowerVu+ encryption and is not available to FTA or home use cband. It is a cable and DBS distributed channel.

If you really want it, and you don't want to go through DirecTV, you can order it from Dish Network instead. The Fox Soccer Channel is part of its America's Top 180 package, 47.99/month. That also includes Gol TV, Telefutura, Univision, and a whole bunch of channels that never show soccer.

If you've never been a Dish subscriber, you can get free installation and the first three months at 31.99/month through Dish's offer here: http://www.dishtv.com/three_months_free.jsp

Cheapest way to get Fox News?

Starz/Encore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)