Fortec ultra looses data

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hey guys, I have two fortec ultra lifetime receivers in the house. One of them I use for C and KU band, the other I use for KU only (it is new).

The fortec that I use for C and KU band will loose antenna lnb and diseqc switch settings if i do several blind searches. I have to go back into the antenna setup for all the satellites I have programmed in and change all the settings back to their proper parameters.

Under antenna setup it will display erroneous data.

"enregistar" or diseqc "45" and always reverts the lnb LO freq to universal.

I only have problems with this when i do several blind scans.

My software is Fortec Star Version 2.72, Boot Version 5.1, May 19, 2005(nt)

(this is the information displayed under the system info screen.

Currently there are 162 radio channels in memory and 528 tv channels in memory.

I do not use this receiver to position a dish since it is slave to my analog c-band receiver.

Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks for the help-Trucker:)

yep. TP overload (known issue)

go through and delete all but one transponder when you blind scan a satellite. this will help aleviate the issue

and no you wont lose your channels by deleting the TP's

thanks iceberg

I kind of figured it was some sort of memory over-run. Same thing happens in pc's when you overun the ram especially on the old dos operating systems (revealing my age-LOL).

There is a lot of tp's stored in that receiver, I wish it had a "delete all tp's" option.
i dread going through check marking and deleting each individual tp.

could i use a STB editor to do this on the pc instead of the remote control?

only drawback of channel editor programs is when you delete a TP, if there is any channels on that TP they are deleted too.

It doesnt do this on the receievr though. I lost alot of channels on my Pansat doing it through Chanelmaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mexican Channels

General Instrument DSR-1500S receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)