Fortec Star 31" with Motor and Tri Pod Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DigiFTA

Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Heres what I'm working with everything here I bought at Sadoun except for my Coolsat 400 pro

have not received these yet should be here in the next 2days

Acutrac22Pro Satellite DUAL Signal Meter
PVTP3KIT 3ft self supporting Antenna Tripod
FConnO Crimp on F Connectors Bag 100 with O ring
RG61K RG6 Cable 1000ft reel in box Black
SM3D12 Satcontrol HH Motor
80U DISH Fortec Star 31 Inch
SNH-031 Invacom 0.3db Single KU LNBF

What I'm looking to to is have a mobile setup. but unsure about tripod set up I believe it needs to be on level ground I saw on Sadoun's website they used a wooden pallet that would work but I don't really want to haul a pallet to my cottage also chose to go with a tripod because I have large trees directly across the street from me an wasn't sure if I could get Galaxy10r. In the future I plan to buy another tripod but for now How hard of an installation will this be with motor setup and all equipment I have so far

Thanks in advance DigiFTA

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum. :welcome

Great Idea! Every time you relocate your system you will have to ensure the mast/pole is exactly plumb. Adjust the elevation of the motor for your new latitude, then slight adjustments of the dish elevation to hit your true south satellite.

The more you do it the easier it will become.

Thanks for the info

just another quick question How critical is it for the ground to be perfectly level could I get away with not using a pallet as long as the ground is fairly level Thanks again

The mast/pole has to be exactly level and plumb (motorized system). Using a tripod may be an advantage as the pole can be leveled independently of the ground level. But of course you want it to be on as flat a surface as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Frustrated with my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Need HELP setting up VS2000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)