Fortec 786NA - How to add a satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Photon_emitter

Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Hi there,

I'm installing a FortecStar 786NA receiver. The receiver seems to be intereacting with the LNBF and the motor system is working. The receiver seems to be the problem. I bought this receiver in 2003 - and the satellite locations have changed from that time period. I was wondering how to change the location of the satellites via the menu? I can add a satellite, but I cannot specify the degree location of the satellite.

Can someone help?

USALS mode? Ok, I will give that a try. The technical writers behind this manual really have left much to be desired.

I tried the USALS mode - it still have no option to edit the location. Hmph, I guess I'll have to wait for someone who is using this receiver. I'll probably end up contacting skyvision - those guys always have many solutions to one problem.

It just baffles me why a companylike fortec would overlook something so obvious.

photon

I pulled up the manual and I dont see anything in there either on how to change the satellite location.

Either skyvision or Sadoun might know. Sadoun use to sell them. I also looked on fortec's site for a software upgrade and there isnt one :(

Iceberg,

Thank you for your help in validating what I was originally worried about. I thought I was loosing my mind because it seems so counterintuitive to make a satellite receiver that has the ability to move via a motor system - yet is unable to have the values specified.

I'm going to contact skyvision as well as Sadoun. They might be able to help.

If guys like you - or anyone on this forum has any ideas, please inform me. I'd love to hear anything.

Thanks!

I have a Pansat 2100 that does the same thing and not be able to change satellite position (and this one has satellites that are so outdated its crazy)

The solution to the 786NA satellite problem

Here's the quick solution: you can't specifiy the location of the satellite, period. The rationale behind this, I'm not sure why. But they have it that way. I talked to tech support at Fortec as well as the company I purchased from. They say I have to buy a cable, use my computer, upload software that has the newest updated listing of channels from Fortec... - that's the only way.

So really, all the settings - with regard to satellites - must come from Fortec. I imagine someone can reverse engineer the data file and add satellites as they wish.

Quite sad. I still am trying to figure out what benefit it is to the company to have people not be able to specify satellite location. I thought profit, but the cable costs 3 dollars at radio shack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Automatic Distribution Switch

OK , I'm all set up w/ fta. Questions: