Format Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DavidS

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I have the HD receiver (not HR20) and the format options for non SD programs are Crop, Picture Box, or Stretch. I like to have the whole screen filled so I am using the Stretch option. On my Panasonic TV , in addition to the above options, I also have a Just option which is a little stretch and a little crop. However, I am not able to use this Just option. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the TV override the Directv remote options?

I have the HD receiver (not HR20) and the format options for non SD programs are Crop, Picture Box, or Stretch. I like to have the whole screen filled so I am using the Stretch option. On my Panasonic TV , in addition to the above options, I also have a Just option which is a little stretch and a little crop. However, I am not able to use this Just option. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the TV override the Directv remote options?

Doesn't your television have similiar options? If so, try them and see if they look better than the ones in the receiver.

The Panasonic TV may not be able to override if you have the output of the reciver set to 1080i or 720p. It will think it is an HD signal. Does the HR10 have a "native" output setting that allows the original 480i rez of the SD signals to pass straight through. (as it will also do for the 720p and 1080i, of course.)

I'm sure that once your Panasonic TV sees 480i, it's aspect ratio functions will work. And, I will bet that you will prefer the Panasonic's JUST setting to the D*'s Stretch setting.

Format

I'm not familiar with the Native setting. Are you saying that I should set the Native to ON and if I do then whatever res. is being broadcast it will pass through my TV and my Just format will work? Will it happen automatically or will I have to swithch res. for each show?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 shortcuts

NBC HD Football - MIA in San Diego

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts