TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Starting a thread for comparisons.

I shot several pictures of the ipad 1 and ipad3 but this one of my daughters engagement ring was most impressive. Some, there wasn't much difference.

The stats are as follows:
Original photo was taken 5 years ago with a Canon DSLR 3.0 Megapixel.
Each ipad was matched in brightness setting and the image was taken with a NEX5n with 16mm lens and 14 Megapixel setting. The image was reduced 4:1 for display here.

Attachments

• ipad3-ipad1.jpg
    ipad3-ipad1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 160
I will assume the first image is of the iPad3 as the picture on the first looks much better than that of the second. The second is very whitewashed, cannot see as much detail in the skin, and the brightness maybe up too high.

Both were at 50% brightness, DK. You guessed right that the one on the left is ipad3. It's pretty obvious here, especially with the diamond facets. I did a few more of some flowers with saturated color and all the plant detail. The ipad3 really shines with high res pictures, and fonts but lower res images the ipad1 looks about the same. I'll be adding the iphoto and imovie this weekend.

I haven't even bothered with the camera yet -- so low on my priorities for the iPad. :) I don't have high expectations, but love that the photos I take on my iPhone's 8MP camera show up in the photo stream, and I can edit them in iPhoto. Haven't done much yet. Mostly still getting stuff back into working order. And marveling at the text. Think I'll just read tonight, just for the joy of it :)

Need new iPad help - sharing apps with iPhone

Here's a rumor: 15" MacBook Air to kill 15" MacBook Pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)