Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
Okay guys,

I have a slight problem. I bought a FlexBlock from DVB Master and installed it on my 1m motorized dish. I have two LNBs installed. One goes through the motor mount and both go through a Disqsec switch, port 3 and 4.

My FTA lnb is set up on port4, but of course there is no power going to the motor, because the dish lnb is connected to the motor via disqec port 3.

Using my Ultra, I can move the dish around all day long using port 3. Does anyone have a clue about a setup that will allow me to use both ports to control the dish movement?

If worse comes to worse, I'll just put my FTA lnb on by itself and watch TV. This is no problem since I watch FTA most of the time from the other room anyway.

BTW, I do subscribe to Dish. I was checking out some C-Band programming packages yesterday and they are quite reasonable. Especially if the picture quality is as good as many people say... May be an alternative someday.

MrM

Myles
If you can, put the switch between the motor and LNB...I tried that once, and was able to get it to move for both DBS and KU. I have since moved the switch outside of that. Now will the motor move when you pick any of the 4 is anybody's guess.

As for the C-band issue. Here is a simple comparison

Dish crams 8-12 channels per transponder resulting in compression
C-band analog is 1 channel per TP

nuff said :)

If you have an analog KU reciver, see the difference between analog and digital KU.

Spaceba Bolshoi!!!

Thanks Iceberg!!!

Made the change and now I can get both FTA and my dish programming from the same dish! :) :) :) Thanks for the assistance.

MrM

do you have just the 2 ports used then?

I didnt know if you had 2 ports or 4 ports beign used :)

Glad it worked out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looking for base ideas for my new (used) dish.

Galaxy 5 To Galaxy 12 Transition Information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)