Fios in Carrollwood...when?

JBtampa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
All the underground utilities on my street have been flagged and marked for several months now. Any ideas on what that might mean as far as a hook-up? I can't freakin wait...not to mention shedding my $120. Dish bill in the future.....wife has the pressure on to switch to Brighthouse and their special sat user offers...I can't fend her off much longer. john in Magdalene Reserve..

if they flagged it, it should not be to much longer until they start putting in the big orange cable. is magdalene reserve in old or new carrollwood. i know verizon was tearing up a bunch of streets in old carrollwood not to long ago. new carrollwood shoud be soon because much of my area, which is right next to it has had it for months now.

JBtampa said:
All the underground utilities on my street have been flagged and marked for several months now. Any ideas on what that might mean as far as a hook-up? I can't freakin wait...not to mention shedding my $120. Dish bill in the future.....wife has the pressure on to switch to Brighthouse and their special sat user offers...I can't fend her off much longer. john in Magdalene Reserve..

While Verizon may have taken the time to mark your neighborhood for laying fiber, this may not necessarily happen. Utilities can only trench in areas where they have a right of way. As a deed restricted community with extensive trees and xeriscape yards, Magdalene Reserve would be required to provide permission for trenching to occur.

Verizon has been unable to guarantee that they will not damage the roots of the mature trees, much less restore the various xeriscaped front yards.

Think about what you are asking for: Verizon FIOS brings fiber to your home and will have to install CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) in order to deliver phone, internet and cable TV to your house. But your power goes out - like in a hurricane - your CPE won't work: you lose phone in addition to internet and cable TV. However old copper wire phone service will still work. Remember, parts of Florida were without power and cell service for weeks after the hurricanes last year.

Now consider if you have an emergency and need 911... such as if a tree falls on your house and you are trapped in a hurricane without power.

If you are still so keen on FIOS, bring it up at your homeowner's meeting. Between people concerned about landscaping and people concerned about security, you might not find a lot of support.

Adelphias CLASSIC CABLE, DIGITAL BRONZE PAK etc offers what channels?

GVF To Host World Summit At SatExpo '06

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)