Finding PBS Kids on AMC3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The one listed at 12110 (Freq.) H 14025 (S/R) is still there.....

video/65 audio/68 (AC3) PCR/65

And it is PBS kids, and you can see it FTA? That is really strange. I can see the giant band under blind search, and when I analyze, I sometimes lock-up. It comes up as "TV1" or "TV2" and doesn't i.d. properly.

So I haven't gotten it in yet, I will try again tonight. Thanks for the confirmation.

kulakovich

When scanning you may be running into the PBS HD feed which can hose up your receiver, causing the needed reset. Try scanning the specific transponder PBSK resides on.

kulakovich said:
And it is PBS kids, and you can see it FTA? That is really strange. I can see the giant band under blind search, and when I analyze, I sometimes lock-up. It comes up as "TV1" or "TV2" and doesn't i.d. properly.

So I haven't gotten it in yet, I will try again tonight. Thanks for the confirmation.

kulakovich

So it could be the HD feed that kills my blind search? I have noticed this on other satellites as well - a whoppin 30, 40,000 msps (sp) block in the transponder, and my poor pansat 2500a chokes on it for like 20 minutes without telling me anything. So I restart it.

I did find it - but my signal quality is terrible. It may either be and LNB or CSB problem (Low Noise and Chain Saw Blocker, respectively.)

thanks for the info!

kulakovich

7.5 fine mesh prime focus, .7db Norsat Ku. On one of those retrofeed things. Yeah. So my quality is around 10-12, and bounces all over the place, from 2 up to 30. c-band Lnb is an Eagle Aspen 15 degree, receiver is Pansat 2500a.

kulakovich

Hi - We're actually dealing with Ku, I just included the C Band info because it is on the same feedhorn, and didn't know if that could cause any trouble. That's why I put in my user profile something like 'satellite expert with 15 minutes experience' - I read a lot, digest much, understand little. ;)

I will try the skew next - a little trick since I don't have the Pansat and my ancient General Instrument analog slaved properly yet. And that VboxII auction I won was 'cancelled' and my funds returned due to an inventory error. egh.

Right now I switch back and forth between the receivers with remotes, via putting them both on 03, and toggling the "tv/rec" button on each.

It sounds like a plan however. I will let you know how it goes!

kulakovich

w/skew = 15% quality max

Ok some channels like off T-5, I get 50% quality on 75% strength. AMC6, 20-30% quality on 65% strength. AMC-3, I get 10 +/- 5% on 70% strength.

I am going to check for obstructions, but am wondering if my dish is off the belt or something.

kulakovich

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yeah Okay I am really confused

Bag of pipes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)