Finally, Decent Service from DISH...

motordavid

Original poster
After 9 years of being a DISH customer, and a myriad of problems with reception, DVR recording, faulty remotes, phone calls, "tech" guys coming out, pleading, ranting, begging, etc., we are back in the normal TV viewing mode.

Low tech poster here, but I suspect it is all about the tech's capabilities and interest, imo: the latest tech brought a 625, a new dish, new "LNB", new cables, and spent 4+ hours getting us fixed.

Our 7+ yr old refurbished 501, (to replace the orig. 501 after 2 years), and an older "dumb" receiver are gonzo.

He repositioned the new dish, (said it wasn't even close to proper angle, etc.),
new cables, got main TV humming, got 2 separate bedrooms TVs humming, (as "2nd TV"), etc.

We are getting "80+" on the sat reading, the new DVR works well, we can now record one show while watching another, (welcome to 2003!), and we are finally pleased.

We have ComCrap in our winter joint, (which is flawless, fast, reasonable deal, imo), but have no cable choice here at 5,000 ft in the mtns of NC.

The new 625 was "free", the $95 tech trip was worth every penny, including the tip, and this is our first satisfactory experience with the Dish gang.
Why it took them so long to budge for a long time customer, and send out a knowledgeable and helpful tech is a mystery, but we finally hooked up well.
Best Regards, mD

With satellite TV, getting a good tech is the key to having a satisfied customer. With the way this company treats the techs, it's getting harder and harder to find them. Common sense but this company doesn't believe in that, they like to complicate things. :(

Sometimes finding a tech that works for a retailer is better. Retailers usually pay their techs more money, at least we do.

Sometimes finding a tech that works for a retailer is better. Retailers usually pay their techs more money, at least we do.
Are you hiring???
icon7.gif

I know we get so much repeat business and referal business because we do the installs ourselves. It makes a big difference when you can walk into a store and talk to a PERSON face to face about your setup, issues, or whatever. Also knowing that the customer can find you makes our techs make sure they do it right the first time.

I know we get so much repeat business and referal business because we do the installs ourselves. It makes a big difference when you can walk into a store and talk to a PERSON face to face about your setup, issues, or whatever. Also knowing that the customer can find you makes our techs make sure they do it right the first time.

I have said the same thing many times. People don't realize that retailers have a vested interest in making sure customers are happy and their systems are working properly. There is nothing like dealing with a reputable local company who will treat you like a person instead of the canned corporate responses from the 800 #'s.

Best RV Receiver model????

VIP 222 with 3 tvs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts