Film Fest HD (103): Voyage to Italy 10pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
filmfest_vaggion.jpg

More PG issues? Tuned in for the 10:30am -- they're showing a Martin Scorsese documentary. Afterwards the PG has an "Intermission" scheduled from 12:10 to 3:00pm. Maybe that's when they'll show the movie?

It's pretty good -- but it's not actually about Scorsese; it appears to be made by Scorsese about Italian movies. I missed the first couple minutes so I don't know the title, but it's basically just Scorsese sittin' there introducing Italian film clips and talking about them.

Sean Mota said:
Was the movie ever played?
I don't think so. The documentary thing went on for hours and hours. I eventually turned to WorldSport at about 1:30 and I think it was still on (although it was Part Two by then). I turned back after the basketball game in time tho catch the end of the other movie.

Okay -- I did a little homework and got to the bottom of it. The movie did show. They just have the wrong movie. The name of the documentary I watched is Il Mio Viaggio In Italia (My Voyage to Italy), and it was made by Scorsese in 1999.
Here's a link to a review: http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=246235

So they were close -- they just had the wrong Voyage to Italy! And in the PG where it says, "Intermission" is really just the movie continued -- it's like four and a half hours long!

While I think it works fine on FilmFest, I think it would have been better to show this on WorldCinema. I think it's long enough and good enough to deserve a day all to itself -- just play it like five times over the course of a day. That would give everyone who wanted to see it the opportunity to watch a couple hours at a time instead of trying to sit through all four plus hours in one shot. And it's really like a class in Italian film -- what's more appropriate for WorldCinema than that?

The Masters on UHD April 7&8.

Gunslingers HD (109): Dead Man 5pm ET, 7:30pm ET & 12am ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)