Fake Pansat 2700a Help !!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Eventhough I purchased my HH100 motor and Fortec Dish from Sadoun, I went through Ebay for my Pansat 2700a, might have been a mistake but I'm not sure what to look for, besides not having an operating manual (big dissapointment), I am wondering if someone could point me to a good link, I saw one with side by side pictures and don't remember where, before I start crying foul and file a dispute with paypal, I want to make sure it's not a case of the heebee jeebees.

Thanks for replying Tim, but that link is actually for firmware instructions and actual program for updating receiver.

I was hoping in finding the instruction manual in PDF, you know with table of contents, getting started, controling motor, that would be nice.

I've looked high and low and still no luck. thanks

No Luck. Didn't think that I'd find anything that you didn't. Maybe Pansat could email you a .pdf manual? Hard to believe that they wouldn't have one on their website.
Good luck.

jayelem said:
Thanks for replying Tim, but that link is actually for firmware instructions and actual program for updating receiver.
I was hoping in finding the instruction manual in PDF, you know with table of contents, getting started, controling motor, that would be nice.
I've looked high and low and still no luck. thanks

I would call Panarex and asked them to mail you a user manual for the 2700a.
You never know they might have it a .PDF and simply email it to you.

They will ask for the serial # of the actual receiver to make sure it is legit.

Ask for Hugo, he is a nice and knowledgeable guy.

http://www.pansatusa.com/aboutus.htm

Do these pictures help to determine if this is not original Pansat 2700A
the front of unit looks like pansat 2700a w/ holographic type sticker.
thanks PRO96 and also PSB.
I will call Panarex and see what happens, I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• pansat 2700a rear.jpg
    pansat 2700a rear.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 266
  • MVC-269F.JPG
    MVC-269F.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 252
  • MVC-267F.JPG
    MVC-267F.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Pictures should be posted as thumbnail attachments please.....
Its for our members still using dial up. Then they can then decide to open them or not.

To post thumbnail pictures...
Below where you reply....
Click on.

Go Advanced

Manage attachments

Then you can browse and download pictures. You can practise by editing the post, and adding the pictures. Thanks for the input!

looks legit to me. The 2 recent feedbacks look like hackers who wanted to load illegal software into it and totally screwed it up.

Also both comments were from the same guy. (unless I was asleep when I read it last night at 3am ) I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Looks the same as my 2700a, hope it wont have any bogas software on it.

Alec said:
Looks the same as my 2700a, hope it wont have any bogas software on it.

if its factory fresh it should have the legit software in it

If not, we can always flash the original stuff to it

I called Pansat yesterday and talked to Hugo (Knowlegeable guy), seems that these receivers are counterfeited very well, told me what to look for and seemed 99% sure my unit is fake, I'd have to send it in to be 100% sure (which I wont), they could keep it if fake.

Contacted seller, said he'd give me refund, we'll see Saturday night when I see him, as to the negative feedback he received and also replied to, retaliation for negative feedback is common, had I given him negative feedback he would have probably replied that I wanted to flash receiver with illegal software to justify the situation, that doesn't mean that disgruntle buyer I spoke about didn't try doing this, I understand that if receiver is not legit, this sort of hacking could kill unit.

Plain and simple, I just want a good FTA receiver, If i'm back to square one this weekend looking for a receiver and anyone has both a Pansat 2700a and comparable unit which they think might be better overall, let me know.

What convinced me most that my unit might be couterfeit is missing serial numbers from carton which should match, mine had none, missing users manual, and sellers conversation with me, " well it works doesn't it " yeah until something doesn't and no warranty card, I'll send it in and POOF my receivers gone along with that :D on my face.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How many actually Self-Install

coolsat-tivo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)