Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
Could someone explain why this happens?

I pounded a temporary post into the ground and I know that it's slightly off plumb (and slightly out of alignment.). Even so it's doing a half decent job, except for the fact that the signal strength for Montana PBS (and the other PBS stations on AMC 3) seem to fade out in the daytime. The other strange thing that I notice on AMC 3 is that I can move the antenna almost one full degree without much effect on the signal strength. It's not really that big of a deal, I plan to put in a permanent post soon. It just makes me wonder what might be happening.
Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is maybe satellite wobble where during the day your signal gets weaker due to the satellite.

For me, my issue is late night (after 10PM CST). It really starts to fluxuate

Iceberg said:
The only thing I can think of is maybe satellite wobble where during the day your signal gets weaker due to the satellite.

For me, my issue is late night (after 10PM CST). It really starts to fluxuate

Thanks Iceberg,

I never knew there was such a thing. I wonder if anyone else around me (Pennsylvania) experiences this at the same time?

I guess that I'm going to drag the TV and Receiver back outside and try to Peak the Antenna. I think that I must be on the fringe of an acceptable signal, and when it breaks up it gets sort of old.

Every bad thing turns into something good in time though - I found a pretty informative page about satellite wobble (and other things). It sort of complements the link that Pete provided. If you're interested, you can also read about the Solar Transit Event. I guess that we'll all experience this this spring? Related to this is the "poor man's site survey." I thought this was pretty interesting.

I'll be honest and admit that I haven't read this whole article. I have to print stuff like this out on paper to read. I plan to though.

I'm really getting interested in receiving signals from sats in an inclined orbit. I don't know enough to ask how to do it yet. I think I might place a post in a few days to see if anyone else is doing it.

I'm really grateful for this forum and for all of the great people who contribute to it. I don't know much, but I certainly have learned a lot from the people here.

Thanks!

Here's the link to the page:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/Satellite-TV/FAQ/

Last edited:
PSB said:
Usually its satellites that are in slightly inclined orbits.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_orbit

123tim said:
Every bad thing turns into something good in time though - I found a pretty informative page about satellite wobble (and other things). It sort of complements the link that Pete provided. If you're interested, you can also read about the Solar Transit Event. I guess that we'll all experience this this spring? Related to this is the "poor man's site survey." I thought this was pretty interesting.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/Satellite-TV/FAQ/

Thanks PSB and 123tim for the links. Some interesting bit of info.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KIBS (korean Channel)

Wbif Univision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)