Extra part for Fortec Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
I''ve assembled my new 36" Fortec dish. It was lacking assembly instructions, so I went to the Sandoun website and downloaded the assembly diagrams. I have the motorized mounting bracket which works for the stab hh 90 motor (and maybe a stationary dish?). The diagram is mostly for a different assembly, but between it and various photos that I found I was able to get it all together correctly except one extra piece. It's silver colored, and sort of squarish C shape with an oblong hole (for adjustment?) in each end of the "C" It's 3 3/8" long x 1 1/8" wide. It also has a 90 degree angle on the long part so, if the "C" were laying flat on a table the long part of the "C" would be sticking up vertically. Has anyone assembled a Fortec dish recently? The particular mount that I have is shown (in part) in fig. 6 at the page: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm
Would anyone tell me the placement of this "C" shaped part? Doesn't really seem to fit anywhere.
It seems that I have at least one part (the elevation adjustment) from the 100 and 120 cm kit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this dish, but if you e-mail Sadoun, they might send you the instructions in PDF or JPEG. It could be an extra part, but the instructions will have a parts list so you can be sure.

Shawn and Tron,
Thank you both. Shawn, you found the piece! I thought that I had looked on that page before, but I certainly missed it. I seem to be particularly brain dead lately (Old Age?). I even had the piece on the u-bolts (before I mounted it on the mast).
At the time, it didn't seem to do anything there.
I had been in contact with Sandoun's over the phone. I think that emaiing them is the better way to go.
Thanks again!

This piece also helps if you mount the dish on a mast. It will prevent the dish from sliding down on the mast when you try to adjust / fine tune the dish's azimuth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

South sat

Looking to upgrade the video card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)