Extending my Dish Network

ejkob

Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Missouri
I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I have dish network with a 500 series dish and dual pro plus LNB. There are two coax cables that serve two dual recievers and thus 4 televisions. I want to extend my service to my lower level but I do not want to add more cable or another dish on my roof. Can the incomming coax from the dual pro plus be split and run to other recievers so I can supply more than 4 TVs? PLease let me know what equipment I would need to add to extend the network to my lower level.

There is no such thing as a DPP dual; I imagine you have a DPP twin. Check Menu 6-1-3 to see what the receiver "sees".

That said, you cannot split the line going to receivers. It must be continuous from the last switch to all receivers. You might look into a DPP33 external switch. I am not sure, but I think you can hook it into your DPP twin, and feed as many as 3 dual-tuner Dish receivers. If a DPP twin won't work, a DP twin, or two separate DP duals, will work.

Edited to add: Well, it appears that a DPP33 switch will not work with a DPP twin LNB. That's what Sadoun says. :(

Last edited:
are you looking to add more receivers to the group or just add TV's and run 2 TV's off say the TV2 output of one of them and keep the same 2 receivers?

2 DP duals and a 44sw. This would allow up to 4 rcvrs. 2 duals and a 33sw would allow up to 3 rcvrs and would not require a power inserter.

If your signal is good, you would just simply pull out your twin and pop a dual in each slot. 1 line to each lnbf. Run that to your switch and then from there to your rcvrs.

Since you are asking these questions, I'm sure your part of the anti dish tech club. A tech visit to install your rcvr would also get you your switch you most likely need and someone who knows what they are doing to accomplish what you are asking to be done. If you are worried about how awful your cable run will be, feel free to do it yourself and pull the cable to the ground block leaving about 8"-12" on each end for service connections, a loop, etc.

Thanks for the replies! Yes the LNB on the dish is a DPPlus. From what I understand, each cable carries both the 110 and 119 signals and at each receiver there is a diplexer to split the signals. From what I am reading, can I take the two cables from the LNB into a DPP44 and then utilize the 4 outputs to connect to 4 receivers? Can these receivers be dual receivers on the DPP44? Thanks for the help!

ONe more thing I forgot to add, the DPPlus is a twin! And I thought about running the RF from TV 2 to extend the network, but I would rather add a 3rd and maybe a 4th dual receiver for the lower level. Thanks again for the help.

Yes. A DPP44, though pricey, will accept the 2 cables from your DPP twin and feed as many as 4 dual-tuner receivers. As many as 3 of these can be cascaded for a total of 12 dual-tuner receivers if you want to go wild.

TheKrell said:
Yes. A DPP44, though pricey, will accept the 2 cables from your DPP twin and feed as many as 4 dual-tuner receivers. As many as 3 of these can be cascaded for a total of 12 dual-tuner receivers if you want to go wild.

I replace twins w duals when installing a switch. I guess either way would work, if you say so...

I replace twins w duals when installing a switch. I guess either way would work, if you say so...

You are not supposed to use DPP LNBs with DPP Switches, they do not work well together. You might get it to work for a short time but eventually you will have problems. Op will need to replace his DPP Twin with a DP Twin and have that feed into a DPP44 switch.

Thanks for everyones help! The DPP44 has 4 inputs so am I to understand that I can use two and leave the other two empty? Also, will the power supply be needed on port one, or will my DVR power the switch? Again, thanks for everyones help.

Thanks for everyones help! The DPP44 has 4 inputs so am I to understand that I can use two and leave the other two empty? Also, will the power supply be needed on port one, or will my DVR power the switch? Again, thanks for everyones help.

You need one run for each satellite that you want your receivers to see, since you have HD service you need to see 3 satellites and as such will need three runs. You might be tempted to have the switch run off the receiver's power however DO NOT DO IT. It may work for a short time but eventually it will cause problems with the switch and/or receiver so you'll need to use the power inserter as well.

722 vs 922 Online guide data differences

PPV on all boxes??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)