Experience Setting Up the Quali-TV 1080IRCI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NewHunter

Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
Bowling Green, Ohio
This post started as a series of questions, but now it's a procedure of how I got to this point. I hope this might be encouraging to some other beginner.
I thank all of you who posted to get me to this point (with a special call out to Rick at Rick's Satellite). However, I just wanted to put something out there that had all the steps in one place.
I have this baby hooked up to my TV via DVI-to-HDMI and a toslink-to-toslink audio connection.
It has the latest Quali-TV software (SV_3.16), so I was able to push the green button and I can see everything just fine. For this option to work (i.e. to get NTSC instead of PAL), you must have at least version SV_2.94 of the software.
I have only spent a couple of hours on it so far.
I have a DSR920 4DTV C/Ku system. I have a Pansat 2700A that already worked well. I now have the Quali-TV in the configuration as well.
The setup is the same for both C and Ku bands. The coax from each LNB comes to a 4-way HF splitter that I bought from Global Communications (Mike is a gift, isn't he?). The respective main lines pass through the splitter to the 4DTv using the "active" connection (what I'm calling the one traced by a line drawn on the outside of the splitter). For each band, I am bringing off two more coax cables. A pair of one C (1) and Ku(2) go to a DiSEqC; the output side goes to the Pansat, which is working fine. Another pair (C as 1 and Ku as 2 again) go to another DiSEqC, which is then connected by a single coax to the IR Input of the Quali-TV.
For now, I have chosen G4R as my DiSEqc 1, since I believed there were HD network feeds on this.
I used my Pansat to do a blind scan, and it found two ABC HD Net feeds on Galaxy 4R/C (Galaxy 16/C). It says that Feed 21 is at 4142MHz at SR 29.125 Msps with a VID of 520, an audio PID of 730 (AC3) and a PCR of 170. It found Feed 22 with these same parameters at 3981 MHz.
I entered a new frequency on the Quali-Tv for Galaxy 4R. I set it to 4142 / 29125 / V. I set the Power to OFF (the other option is on). I set the LNB to 5150 (I took this setting from my Pansat), and 22K to OFF (again, just as on the Pansat). Lo and behold, I have a "Lock!" with a signal level of 55%. I hit the green button to scan.
Change in Post. I did just get signals from G16. The two ABC HD Net signals are not good. I have some transponders called GDMX that look good (they are Sony test patterns).
Here is a word of warning. If you are looking for TV signals rather than audio signals, hit the TV/Radio toggle on the remote and search again.
Well, that's as far as I've gotten. If I get something more that I believe might be useful reading, I'll post it.
BTW, I received this used without a manual. If someone has a manual, I'd be most appreciative of a copy.

Thanks,
Ted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No more LOS issues!

C band hurting Ku reception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)