exchanging hdtivo for r15?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I am not happy with my hdtivo. What are the chances of exchanging it for a r15? I'm just not happy with the channels the hdtivo receives and am wanting to return it until directv can offer a better hd product (probably mpeg4).

If you're not happy with the channels it receives I am assuming you're talking about the HD package. Why not just cancel the HD pack until it offers more of what you want. I doubt D* would exchange it for a $100 box but you never know. Keeping the HD Tivo though to use as a DVR would give you a ton more SD recording space compared to the R10 or R15.

I think the hdtivo is an expensive box not worth it's $450 price (and that's if they gave me the $100 bill credit).

mikedz4 said:
I think the hdtivo is an expensive box not worth it's $450 price (and that's if they gave me the $100 bill credit).
The HR10-250 receives the same channels as the R10/R15 as far as the SD channels. The HR10-250 can tune the OTA HDTV channels that the others can't and as already pointed out has much more hard drive space than the other DVRs. It sounds more like you have buyers remorse and spent more money than you feel you can afford. :)

mikedz4 said:
I am not happy with my hdtivo. What are the chances of exchanging it for a r15? I'm just not happy with the channels the hdtivo receives and am wanting to return it until directv can offer a better hd product (probably mpeg4).

Zero.

You can't get R15s at all for another ten days or so.

I just don't feel it is worth the extra money i spent on it plus i don't have the money to pay for it. So I am going to return it and setup an install for the r15.

everyone was hyping it up to be this great thing that it's not. It's not even close to what I had expected.

mikedz4 said:
everyone was hyping it up to be this great thing that it's not. It's not even close to what I had expected.

What problems are you having with it? Maybe we can help you get them resolved. Or is it just that your not happy with the HD content on D*

minorthr said:
What problems are you having with it? Maybe we can help you get them resolved. Or is it just that your not happy with the HD content on D*
I think he just wants it for $99 with a $100 rebate. ;)

I just feel the content in hd isn't that great yet to justify paying $500 for a dvr. I mean yes I can get locals in hd but in order to do that I have to pay another $50 for a new antenna that will pickup the digital channels that are too far away for the one directv provided to pickup. I just want to return the tivo and get the r15. DirecTV will allow me to do this right?

Maybe in two separate transactions.

They can't just swap, especially since the R15 is nothing more than a pipe dream until November 7th.

mikedz4 said:
I just feel the content in hd isn't that great yet to justify paying $500 for a dvr. I mean yes I can get locals in hd but in order to do that I have to pay another $50 for a new antenna that will pickup the digital channels that are too far away for the one directv provided to pickup. I just want to return the tivo and get the r15. DirecTV will allow me to do this right?

I would say if its under 30 days they would probably allow you to return the hdtivo. Your going to have to wait to buy the r15 until its available or you could get the r10 which is tivo based.

I just had it installed last friday so yes it is within the 30 days. I want the new directv dvr as I'm not happy with the tivo and it's worthless search feature and the fact that you can't watch tv while browsing the guide. Also it is slow to scroll through the listings and the lack of recording space. Oh and you can't get interactive television with the tivo like the directv dvr can.

Sounds to me someone didn't do his research cause all of your complaints about this unit have been expressed in other threads in one way or another. Just a thought.--Ray

mikedz4 said:
...and the lack of recording space...
You must be talking HD, where it's only about 30-35 hours. In SD, the HR10-250 (for 250 GB HD) does about 200 hours. If that's not enough, what is?

what number do i have to call to do a return and get the new r15 installed when it comes out?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Connecting two component inputs to one TV

Is DirecTV any Better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)