ESPN HD is Crap HD not even HD Lite but SD

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I am watching on both Dish Network and Cable and the ESPN HD signal is just plain crap. Jaggy video, dancing grass, all kinds of compression....Ouch! What a crap of a channnel.... The WorldWide Leader in HD compression artifacts....

Sean Mota said:
I am watching on both Dish Network and Cable and the ESPN HD signal is just plain crap. Jaggy video, dancing grass, all kinds of compression....Ouch! What a crap of a channnel.... The WorldWide Leader in HD compression artifacts....
I only have it on E* and it looks quite poor this season. My friends have it on D* and my E* version is just as bad. I'm just a little surprised that ESPN looks equally terrible on cable. I think this is a bad move by ESPN, but perhaps [just like VOOM] they too have a problem with their fiber uplink.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the NY Yankees vs. Detroit ALCS game looks this evening. There is no way it could look as bad as last nights game on Fox (OTA).

Sean Mota said:

I agree. Ive been taking a beating for saying it for a couple months now. The only thing I can think of is that ESPN2HD has something to do with it.

Looks like fox is sd widescreen to me.

I think fox is only hd for the world series ?!?!?

and espn does look bad, a swiming see of moving jiggling pixels

BFG said:
Looks like fox is sd widescreen to me.

I think fox is only hd for the world series ?!?!?

and espn does look bad, a swiming see of moving jiggling pixels
Wonder what equipment you guys are watching ?
FOX turns on the HD for the playoffs, not during the season.

Looks like I am sitting in the stands !!!

Jimbo

Last edited:

Top 10 Baseball Fights

Showtime boxing tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts