Equipment Protection Plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
My HR10-250 just died. I have the protection plan on my account and got a HR20-100 for no cost to me. It was even shipped overnight for no shipping fee. Awesome!

When I got the HR20-100 it looked like it had been through hell and back. All scrached up, and the access card door was not the same gray tone as the rest of the units face. There were no cables or bbc's included and the the books look like they were just throwen in the box.

I called and talked with the equipment protection plan department again and after explaining how I was not impressed and didn't want to chance the hard drive going out half way through my recording (case looked horible, for all I know the previous owner didn't take care of the unit and dropped it a few times), they finially agreed to send me another HD DVR for no cost providing I send the other one I received back. This time however, they shipped it ground and I won't get it until 2 days after the order. Why did they send the other overnight and not this one? Should I be concerned with getting another beat up unit? If I do, what steps shall I take?

My HR10-250 just died. I have the protection plan on my account and got a HR20-100 for no cost to me. It was even shipped overnight for no shipping fee. Awesome!

When I got the HR20-100 it looked like it had been through hell and back. All scrached up, and the access card door was not the same gray tone as the rest of the units face. There were no cables or bbc's included and the the books look like they were just throwen in the box.

I called and talked with the equipment protection plan department again and after explaining how I was not impressed and didn't want to chance the hard drive going out half way through my recording (case looked horible, for all I know the previous owner didn't take care of the unit and dropped it a few times), they finially agreed to send me another HD DVR for no cost providing I send the other one I received back. This time however, they shipped it ground and I won't get it until 2 days after the order. Why did they send the other overnight and not this one? Should I be concerned with getting another beat up unit? If I do, what steps shall I take?

I doubt you'll get another beat up one ...
I've had a refurbed unit for quite awhile now with NO problems...

You were right to call them and question the condition, I would not have accepted it either.
fwiw, it should have all the nessasary equipment in the box, including the Access card, remote , BBC's and cables.

Jimbo

I doubt you'll get another beat up one ...
I've had a refurbed unit for quite awhile now with NO problems...

You were right to call them and question the condition, I would not have accepted it either.
fwiw, it should have all the nessasary equipment in the box, including the Access card, remote , BBC's and cables.

Jimbo

My HR10 recently died too and the replacement(HR20-100) was obviously used but not in terrible condition. It only came with the remote, access card, and instruction book though. No BBC's or cables. Fortunately I had a couple extra BBC's.

Richard

BBCs are free, get them on line or call and ask for them.

I know they are free. Thats not the point. DirecTV knew they were sending a replacment receiver that needed BBC's for one that didn't need BBC's. They should have included them with the replacement. Now I sit without a working reciver while I am paying for service on it. Granted it isin't much money but still they should have been proactive.

I just hope I get it soon, ground shipping is a joke. It should have been shipped 2 day or over night. I hope its in a lot better shape then the other one I recieved.

I know they are free. Thats not the point. DirecTV knew they were sending a replacment receiver that needed BBC's for one that didn't need BBC's. They should have included them with the replacement. Now I sit without a working reciver while I am paying for service on it. Granted it isin't much money but still they should have been proactive.

I just hope I get it soon, ground shipping is a joke. It should have been shipped 2 day or over night. I hope its in a lot better shape then the other one I recieved.

Nut,
I can send you a few BBC's if you need them, I can have them to you by Saturday if you want.

I would call D* once this issue is resolved and see if they will offer you a compensation.

Jimbo

As you know devices go bad sometimes. Just because you have protection plan doesn't mean you will get brand new receiver when it goes bad. I believe the contract for protection plan says defective can be replaced with refurbished. However, in your case it was replaced with beaten up one. I be mad, but what can you do.

As you know devices go bad sometimes. Just because you have protection plan doesn't mean you will get brand new receiver when it goes bad. I believe the contract for protection plan says defective can be replaced with refurbished. However, in your case it was replaced with beaten up one. I be mad, but what can you do.

He can ask for another one.

Just because it's refurbed, does NOT mean it's no good.... I have a refurbed one that has worked flawlessly for almost a year now.

Jimbo

Jimbo, thanks for the BBC offer but, I'll pass. I had the guy send me a couple extra with the new replacement. I think what I'm going to do is request 8 more once this is all resolved just in case one ever decides it's time to be be replaced.

I am perfectly fine with getting a refurb. In fact, I see no need to waste a perfectly good piece of equipment. It makes perfect business sense. I just want one that looks half way decent. What I'll do is after I get this all resolved is call and ask for something. Maybe 3 months free of something. Who know. Thanks a lot both of you. I'll be sure to post an update tomorrow when I get the new one.

***UPDATE***

I just got my new HR20. Very nice condition. Definately worth waiting for FedEx ground delivery. I am happy once again. One question though. The guy who shipped it said they would send a return box within the box of the new one but, there was never anything in the box. Do you think I can just hold onto it just in case I ever replace my last SD tv with a HD tv? It looks rough but for the $200 a new box would normally cost, I think I could deal with it. Expecially since its a HR20 with OTA capibility.

***UPDATE***

I just got my new HR20. Very nice condition. Definately worth waiting for FedEx ground delivery. I am happy once again. One question though. The guy who shipped it said they would send a return box within the box of the new one but, there was never anything in the box. Do you think I can just hold onto it just in case I ever replace my last SD tv with a HD tv? It looks rough but for the $200 a new box would normally cost, I think I could deal with it. Expecially since its a HR20 with OTA capibility.

I would call D* and discuss this.
No one here can give you a definate answer, IF they let you keep it, make sure it is listed on your account that way, just for your benefit.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving Question

I'm going back to DTV...will my old HDVR2 still work??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)