Episode III - As the Satellite World Turns

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
How about the latest “As the Satellite World Turns” episode!!!

The story below, deals with DSI, and all of the problems that have just kept festering, since the MSP program started… Scott Melunis will be more than happy to send you, what information he has, in order to expose DSI for what they are. The long and short of it, is that the court hearing is September 11!!! Wow, that ought to have some effect on opening up a can of worms, don’t Ya’ think!!! RONTGLMAO….. write to Scott at: s.melunis@wildblue.net

To all present and former MSP's,
My name is Scott and I am one of the owners of Wavelength, a former MSP on the east coast. I was asked to make you all aware of the situation with DSI, not only with our company but of a few other former and present MSP's. IT ALSO COULD HELP YOU! Please read on.
We bowed out of the MSP program in November 2005 after realizing its poorly mis managed state and the inept brain power behind it. Since then DSI has managed to shut us down, along with most of the other former MSP's who have left the program.
How did they do this? By refusing to credit us for returned equipment and not paying us what they owe. Not only stating that they never received equipment back, but charging inflated pricing compared to the contract. They recently sent us a list of 707 items that they claim have not been returned and expect us to pay for these. My wife and I used One Stop to bring this list down to about 62 jobs of equipment, (A big difference from 707).
I brought this information to Lon Saunders and Dave Robison, explained to them that we used THEIR system to find return information (Including tracking #'s) on a lot of the equipment that they claim was never returned, some were activated, some returned, others resold to other dealers and installed. I asked Lon and Dave to credit us for the equipment; I got the response from Lon that they were only going to credit 11 of those items. I would provide tracking info on equipment, DSI would dispute its tracking, only to find out they sold it to another vendor and they installed and activated it; charging them for it and ALSO are charging us for it. But refuse to give us credit for it. Something is rotten in Denmark.
This has been the situation for over 9 months now. We have finally been forced to file suit against DSI, the case is to be heard in September 2006. I notified DSI initially via e-mail with this information and then by mail, I actually got a response from Dave Robison himself, and here it is;

From: Robison, Dave [ mailto: Dave.Robison@dsisystemsinc.com ]
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Scott Melunis
Cc: Saunders, Lon; Bocox, Donna; Anderson, Craig; Ollila, Chris
Subject: RE: Resolution to dispute

Threats will get you know where Scott.
We are trying to work though this with you.
We can stop right now and start paying attorneys if you'd like??
Happy to go that route.
Get your check book out.
See ya two years from now by the time the attorneys drag this out and run there bills up.

Your call
Dave

I find it appalling that DSI would try to threaten us and try to deny us our day in court to have this settled. I guess people were right about DSI, either they have no clue as to what they are doing or they are very good at ripping people off.
I am sure that some of you are going to run and forward this e-mail to DSI thinking you might get some brownie points for "informing" them that this e-mail was sent out...go ahead. I have not said anything here that I have not said to anyone over at DSI. Actually, I am being a lot nicer in this e-mail than I usually am to DSI.
But I am sure that each and every one of you has equipment that your techs or even you have personally sent back that you wound up having to pay for anyway, regardless of whether or not you or your tech provided a tracking # as proof. I can help you find it! I do not want anything in return either. Just the satisfaction that DSI knows we are onto their game of ripping off their technicians. I have already helped 1 MSP find over $7000 worth of "unreturned" equipment that they had to pay for...better in your pocket than theirs.

Hey Bob, thanks for the post. I have no idea what it is talking about, but I do know one thing, for some reason when I look at your posts, they scare the hell out of me!

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
Hey Bob, thanks for the post. I have no idea what it is talking about, but I do know one thing, for some reason when I look at your posts, they scare the hell out of me!

What is DSI and MSP?

FlyingJ said:

Good, that means that if you are a Small Dealer, or an Installation Tech you are getting the message!!! LOL

It is scary out there, and millions of dollars have been stolen from the very people who have kept these larger companies in business, over the last 25 plus years...

Hey Doc,

99% of the folks that read here will have no clue of what your talking about as we are geared for consumers, however I am sure a lot of folks will be very interested at our sister site which is http://www.dishretailer.com which has a large base of Dish and DirecTV dealers.

Hope all is well otherwise and I will see you in Atlanta!

Doc, I am not a dealer at all, just a family consumer. Probably why I didn't understand a word you said., but hey, Good Luck with your cause! I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 + Hr 10-250

HR20 Features

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)