Echostar remote help.

psychofiend

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
does anyone know the code for echostar recievers? my dish network remote buttons are all gone and i bought a new universal remote but I can't get any codes to work. all help appreciated.

It depends on the brand and model of universal remote. Perhaps, the one you bought doesn't work with Dish receivers? I know thatinexpensive Sony, Radio Shack, and One For All brands definitely do. There are a slew of higher-priced brands that also work.
(You might look into a new pc keyboard, as well. Your current one appears to have a broken caps key.)

psychofiend said:
does anyone know the code for echostar recievers? my dish network remote buttons are all gone and i bought a new universal remote but I can't get any codes to work. all help appreciated.
Pull your smart card and wait about 30 seconds the system information screen will come the bottom line should displayremote address. Most universal remotes only work on address 1 if your address is anything else you will need to change the address. :)

psychofiend said:
Pull the smart card and wait about 30 seconds on most DISH receivers the system information screen will come up. The last line is remote address, most universal remotes will only work on address 1. If your is anything else you will need a DISH remote to change that address. :mad:

If the remote address is anything but 1 and you had a dedicated remote previously operating the receiver then that may also explain why your blue button multi-functional remote is not working now since they are 1 by default from the factory.

Dedicated remotes will work on the receiver even if the receiver has anything other 1 programmed to it because you cannot program the remote address in a dedicated remote. Dedicated remotes do not operate the tv, vcr or aux, only the satellite receiver. Also if you try to look at the system information screen where the remote address is at while using a dedicated remote you will find no remote address number there, it will be blank as if it does not have one.

slv-d500p

Lowering My Monthly Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts