Echostar 9/G10r problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
I have been trying to get g10r, my problem is Echostar9/IA13 at 121W it is soo strong my cheep little meter keeps picking it up and I have been unable to get
g10r (123W). I know the dbs sats are real powerful and I am assuming that it may be overpowering my meter...I may need to get someone sit in the house and tell me what the receiver tells me (although echo 9 makes that meter bounce too). I am using a 36" fortec dish and the sf95kit satellite finder kit from Sadoun...does anyone have any suggestions...I am starting to think that this wont work for g10r because of the powerful dish121W sat.

Use a transponder that is on G10 and not on Echo 9

11800 V 26660 works real good. Echo 9 has a 11800 but its opposite polarity so it should work

g10r can be found, but its fairly tough....I did find the best way was to be able to see the tv, plus use the meter. I had a meter that let the signal pass through it, to the tv so you could use both. I screwed around for 2 weeks about an hour a night just using the meter....then I used both and found it in about 5 minutes....

the other big thing was to push the LNB in its cradle as far from the dish as it goes...made a big difference for me.

Also, as Ice says, having the right TP does make a gigantic difference...

We have all been there.I am not far from you.You will be able to get it.Don't give up.All above suggestions is what helped me.

Stephen, When you have a signal on your meter for Echo 9,move the dish slightly to the right looking from behind it.You want to move it just slight enough that you loose the signal on the meter.Then go do a blind scan.You may have to adjust up or down very slightly from there.

Without having expensive equipement like a spectrum analizer, or a digital meter that lets you measure the signals from each tranponder, you would be best off having a small tv by the dish to make the adjustments. Those little needle meters are good to get you close, but you still need something to fine tune or peak the dish to. One of the little 5" b/w specials that you can find in some of the discount stores will do fine. You may even have a friend that has one you can borrow for a few days. Some even run off batteries so you will not need to run an extension cord, just a line of coax. Just be very careful not to shock, or worse, kill yourself around wet areas. The spectrum analizer would be the ultimate for aligning a dish, but for those whose do not want to spend the money on one (me included) a small tv is the way to go.

Ditch the sat finder thing and go to walmart and spend 50 bucks on a 13 inch screen tv.... I know I know, its double the price of a sat finder but it is way better. I swear the best way to align a dish is a nice compass, a receiver, and a 13 inch TV. Be sure to stand back from your pole about three feet when using the compass.... After you get it close run a blind scan or smart search (whatever receiver you have).... if you get nothing then adjust your dish and do it again.... Or enter a hot TP and watch your sig meter on your tv as you tune the dish... Anyways, that's what I do and I can find just about anything pretty fast.

I haul my 19" TV out there with the receiver and a 25 foot cable when I need to tune satellites

(have to go tune my G10 too :)

It looks like today is a bay day to tune g10r... I am having all sorts of probs... It seems like over half the TPs are not showing up for me at all. I am doubting that my dish moved as it is in 80 LBS of creat... I dunno, perhaps something did move though. Later on this week (after I wire up my new boat trailer, I bought a fishing boat) I am gonna see what is going on if things don't get better.

I noticed that a church channel has been added... I wonder if they messed something up while adding the other church channel. One of the channels that I can't get at the moment has the COPS show on it. I sure hope they have things fixed by tomorrow night. I would hate to miss my COPS. (or atleast I think it was the channel that had cops on it)

I am gettin all of them right now but I don't see COPS on any of them.I would assume the FOX station WMQF is the one that shows it.

The COPS show is only on weekdays.. I think it comes on about 12ish central time.

FOX appears to be on time.I was watching the race on G10 and they joined programming already in progress after the race ended.

charper1 said:
Isn't COPS syndicated? It comes on virtually everyday depending on the market.
Yes Cops is syndicated but I have never seen it on a non-Fox station even in syndication.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cubavision/Pas9

fortec setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)