Echostar 4700 Sat Rec

ronras1

Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Arizona
I just baught a Echostar Model 4700 and a JVC Model TU-4500u Satellite Receivers from a thrift shop.
I travel in a 5th wheel RV and would like to access some Satellites but I don't know which ones I can access with this equipment.
Can anyone tell me?
Someone also gave me a dual LNB dish 500.
What is the frequency band of these receivers? (KU-band or C-band or what)
Can I access the Free TV satellites?
I don't have the Manual.
Is there somewhere I can get a Manual for these Receivers?
Thank you!

Both those receivers are very old and Dishnetwork only compatible. Meaning, you will not be able to use them for viewing anything from the "Free" satellites. You will need to subscribe to Dish.

I'm not sure Dish will allow them to be used anymore, or if there are any updates available for them. Equipment and the way the signal is received has drastically changed since those receivers were used. Dish is phasing out all receivers that use the old technology because at some point no programs will be available in that format.

The Dish and LNB may still be of use, though possibly limited. Even that may not be usable if it is what is called the old style "legacy"

Last edited:
I still have a 4700 upgraded to 4900 subbed,happy to report that it works great with 110 and 119 (dish500).Granted its sd only but you should be able to use it for at least a couple of years.

Check and see what color cards are in the receivers, probably the original blue cards. There have been 2 card exchanges since the blue. Call DISH 800-333-3474 and ask for tech support to see if they can even be upgraded.

iPhone + Sling adapter = Bad picture quality?

Pixelation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts