Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I noticed on Lyngsat that it's moving again. Has anyone heard where it's going? Is/was there anything in the clear on it?

I'm just happy to have another sat in my visible arc :D

I'll have to get a slot programmed in for IA-8 tonight for whenever it finds it's way to 89W.

61.5 is where it is going...nothing on there right now :)

rumour is it will replace Rainbow 1, since R1 has spotbeams (R1 will move somewhere else once Dish gets FCC approval)

As per my understanding of spotbeam technology, you cant jsut MOVE a spot satellite to another location outside of 10 degrees of where it was designed from. Spots are NOT in most cases configurable by the provider and hence moving it would geographically make the spots much different in nature... They would be all over the place in a move from 61.5 to for example 110 or 119...

-Bounty

Bountykiller said:
As per my understanding of spotbeam technology, you cant jsut MOVE a spot satellite to another location outside of 10 degrees of where it was designed from. Spots are NOT in most cases configurable by the provider and hence moving it would geographically make the spots much different in nature... They would be all over the place in a move from 61.5 to for example 110 or 119...

-Bounty

There is still a lot of unknown-ness about R1 .. We'll find out in time I guess.

Iceberg said:
61.5 is where it is going...nothing on there right now :)

rumour is it will replace Rainbow 1, since R1 has spotbeams (R1 will move somewhere else once Dish gets FCC approval)

Based on the FCC filling (pdf). E4 is moving to 61.5 has a temporary backup to E3 which had another failure recently. E* only asked for it to remain at 61.5 for thirty days. After, it is supposed to move to 77 to be used mostly by a new Mexican DTH service. E* will still have access to some transponders, probably for more locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digiwave Diamond / Coolsat 4000 Pro card reader to come option

Dishpro superdish and FTA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)