Eastern Arc Questions

putzer22

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Michigan
Hello,
I just recently realized that my locals are now available in HD. However, I can't receive them because they are on 61.5 and I am pointed at 110, 119, and 129. I chatted with dish and they said I need another dish.

I think I currently have a 1000.2 but I'm not sure. There is no external switch visible and only one cable coming from the LNB's. (connections are all covered by a shield-plastic housing)

My questions: Do I need to completely change the dish I have to a new 1000.,4?
Can I add a smaller dish and input the signal to my current settup (not sure if there is an LNB input under the LNB shield)?

I have a little experience messing with dish installation and my brother has done a few so I think I could get one pointed correctly. I don't necessarily want an installer coming out since I may have to screw around a bit with finding a location that will not activate the WAF. Particularly since she has said there is no way there's going to be another dish in the yard.....:confused:

If it is possible to self install, do I need to do anything regarding activation, or will my receiver (722) recognize the signals and just "work"?

How many technincal details have I missed so far?

No. Yes, (and yes there is). It is possible; no activation necessary. Just run a Check Switch and save the results. I have no idea. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Krell. You're a wealth of information. I think I am understanding this stuff fairly clearly, but I'm sure I am missing a lot too. Probably know enough to be dangerous......
Thanks again!

I may go that way as well. That would meet my one-dish quota and I think it might be possible to place it in a less conspicuous location than the current dish is in so I may get permission to do that. So, if I get a 1000.4 dish, that is all I need, no additional switches, just run a single cable to the splitter at the receiver?

Last edited:
Correct, that's all you need. I assume you mean your "separator" on the back of the receiver, and not a real "splitter" which of course will not work. There is an internal switch in the 1000.2, 3, 4, and 5 which can feed up to 3 dual-tuner receivers via a single cable apiece.

Which leads me to this recommendation. I would run all 3 cables while you're running the one to your 722. You never know when you'll suddenly get the bug and decide you need more receivers. ;)

Thanks Krell. That is good advice. Yes....separator. I paused when I typed splitter because I knew it wasn't right, but drew a blank on "separator".

Hello,
I just recently realized that my locals are now available in HD. However, I can't receive them because they are on 61.5 and I am pointed at 110, 119, and 129. I chatted with dish and they said I need another dish.

I think I currently have a 1000.2 but I'm not sure. There is no external switch visible and only one cable coming from the LNB's. (connections are all covered by a shield-plastic housing)

My questions: Do I need to completely change the dish I have to a new 1000.,4?
Can I add a smaller dish and input the signal to my current settup (not sure if there is an LNB input under the LNB shield)?

I have a little experience messing with dish installation and my brother has done a few so I think I could get one pointed correctly. I don't necessarily want an installer coming out since I may have to screw around a bit with finding a location that will not activate the WAF. Particularly since she has said there is no way there's going to be another dish in the yard.....:confused:

If it is possible to self install, do I need to do anything regarding activation, or will my receiver (722) recognize the signals and just "work"?

How many technincal details have I missed so far?

Did Dish tell you a cost associated with this change? I am in the same situation & am trying to decide if I want to go to EA setup. I have read that rain fade is worse.

Did Dish tell you a cost associated with this change? I am in the same situation & am trying to decide if I want to go to EA setup. I have read that rain fade is worse.

No. I didn't get that far. I was already trying to figure out how I was going to convince my wife that we needed it.

722K connection to Internet- wireless?

Best device to make receivers wireless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts