Easteen arc

dalonzi

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I may have missed this topic
But do you have to be a new subscriber to use eastern arc sats? I want to scale down to one dish plus have better line of site there.

Definitely not, but you do need to have all MPEG-4 receivers. If you've got 'em, all you need is an EA dish. Where are your RSNs and HD locals? If these are on 129 only, then you would lose them if you went EA.

I'm in the
Boston area. My locals are on 61.5. I currently have 110 119 118.7 and 61.5
I am thinking of dropping the international programming on the 118.7
Thanks

My dad has an eastern arc sat and a 722k in Charlottesville Va. He is subscribed to the off air locals even though he cannot recieve them(huge tress block 129). The Charlottesville SD locals are on 129 orbital slot. Is there a way to get the OTA guide data to populate for the off air HD locals currently the guide says Digital Service. I'm a long time dish customer with a western Arc. The off air guide data comes in fine on the Western Arc.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
I thought that if you subscribed to locals, and you have some locals that are carried by dish in whatever format, that the guide was supposed to populate for those specific channels. Does your dad see any locals with guide info, or is it just those channels not carried by Dish that are showing Digital Service?

Yes I understand that. According to this, he gets 6 SD channels all on 129. Even if he can't get 129, he should get guide data for these 6 channels. That's according to my understanding, which could be dead wrong. Maybe the EPG and EEPG differs on EA compared to WA. Somebody on EA closer to Charlotteseville than I am, will have to chime in here.

Last edited:
Not in my experience! But I have to admit it's really dead around here since Scott went on vacation. Maybe others did the same.

Are you absolutely positive that your dad is subscribed to locals? His receiver behavior looks as though he is not. Others who have "moved" state that wherever they are, and wherever they've "moved" to, they get OTA guide data regardless. This argues for the guide data being on both arcs.

Here's an idea. Have your dad "move" to the Washington DMA. He would simultaneously get the Washington locals via satellite AND his Charlottesville locals via the OTA tuner. The guide should populate regardless.

Not in my experience! But I have to admit it's really dead around here since Scott went on vacation. Maybe others did the same.

Are you absolutely positive that your dad is subscribed to locals? His receiver behavior looks as though he is not. Others who have "moved" state that wherever they are, and wherever they've "moved" to, they get OTA guide data regardless. This argues for the guide data being on both arcs.

Here's an idea. Have your dad "move" to the Washington DMA. He would simultaneously get the Washington locals via satellite AND his Charlottesville locals via the OTA tuner. The guide should populate regardless.

Krell you are a genius. It worked, the guide data populated perfectly for the Charlottesville and Richmond Off air channels with an Alexandria, Virginia address. As soon a the CSR moved the address back to Charlottesville the guide data disappeared. The CSR sent a report to engineering. I doubt this actually goes anywhere.

Now the question is how do I get the Dish engineering department to act?

Thanks,
Jim

Aw shucks, glad to be of service! I'm afraid I don't know how to get Dish engineering to act. :( They are insulated from us by multiple layers of customer service agents.

Google TV/Dish Email Survey

regional news networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)