Ear relief - Yup, in about two years.

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
...and the saga continues.
Under the legislation, now heading to President Barack Obama for his signature, the Federal Communications Commission would be required within one year to adopt industry standards that coordinate ad decibel levels to those of the regular program. The new regulations, applying to all broadcast providers, including cable and satellite, would go into effect a year after that.
Ear relief: Congress acts to stifle loud TV ads - Business - U.S. business - msnbc.com

I was just noticing tonight that the DISH inserted commercials are the worst. And I mean blaring.

Now all they nee to do is a "get all the junk off the screen" bill. Of Which at one time BBCA due to viewer complaints did it for about a minute. But it's all back and in force.

This is why I do not watch live tv on my Dish receiver anymore.
Besides, who wants to watch 5 minutes of show, then 5 minutes of commercials.
Even my local broadcasters are putting ad time in and cutting into the programming.

This is why I do not watch live tv on my Dish receiver anymore.
Besides, who wants to watch 5 minutes of show, then 5 minutes of commercials.
Even my local broadcasters are putting ad time in and cutting into the programming.

What channels do you watch where you get 5 mins of show?:D Have had D for 3 days now and don't seem to notice any commercials that are loud...yet! Nothing like when I had dish!

Jeff

I DVR most of the programming I watch as well. My biggest beef is with those who want Washington to solve every little problem that creeps up. :rolleyes:

Starz Cinema and Encore Mystery

PR: DISH Expands Movie Channel Lineup with MoviePlex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)