E* aquiring Voom & Rainbow sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oc_cosmo

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I read on CNet this a.m. that E* has agreed to aquire Voom and the Rainbow 1 satellite from Cablevision for $200 million:

http://news.com.com/2009-1033_3-5551341.html

I was initially excited about this, being a Dish subscriber, but then I remembered reading somewhere that to get Voom on the West coast, you need an unobstructed view of the East with your dish angled at zero degrees. Does anyone know if the Rainbow 1 satellite is the one currently being used by Voom, and if not, where it is in the sky? I've got a mountain due East about a quarter mile from my house.

-thanks

DISH isn't buying the VOOM service. They are only buying the satellite, transponder licences, and uplink center (in S.D.). It is possible (but highly unlikely) that someone will buy the VOOM service and could move it to another location. It is also possible that VOOM could lease the transponders from DISH until DISH decides what they will use the transponders for.

The satellite that supplies VOOM service is Rainbow 1 and it is located at 61.5 degrees

oc_cosmo said:
I read on CNet this a.m. that E* has agreed to aquire Voom and the Rainbow 1 satellite from Cablevision for $200 million:

http://news.com.com/2009-1033_3-5551341.html

I was initially excited about this, being a Dish subscriber, but then I remembered reading somewhere that to get Voom on the West coast, you need an unobstructed view of the East with your dish angled at zero degrees. Does anyone know if the Rainbow 1 satellite is the one currently being used by Voom, and if not, where it is in the sky? I've got a mountain due East about a quarter mile from my house.

-thanks

welcome to satellite guys. make sure to visit often. satellite guys was the first to break this news last week. if you visit often, you won't have to wait a week for the news, you will get it here first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problems With 921 Help !!!

Dish Network To Host Free Seminar At Satellite Expo 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts