DVR and 3LNB oval dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

celtic redneck

Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
This has probably been asked before, but I am new here, so I'm asking now. First of all, while I am an industrial electronics tech, but I have very little experience with the sattelite stuff, so this might be a dumb question to the experts. Anyhow, here is my question. I have a three LNB TERK dish with 4 connections on the LNBs. I have a DirecTV brand HD receiver, an older RCA standard receiver and an RCA Direc DVR hooked up to my dish. Will the 4th output on the 3 LNB dish work for the second receiver input on the DVR. I originally assumed that this was its purpose, but while wiring the other receivers, I used that 4th connection for the standard receiver and it didn't work. I may have had another issue that caused it not to work though.Switching to the other output connection on the LNBs corrected the problem however. The other problem which I corrected before switching connectors on my LNBs was a mis-wired connection under my house. However, if I remember correctly, I still had to switch connections at the dish also before Im got a signal to the old standard receiver.

It should work without a problem, I have a similar setup (one SD, one hd, one DVR) and I am using all four ports on my dish. It may also be possible that port 4 on the LNB is dead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does DirecTV Offer an HD Only Package?

ESPN U....D* getting it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)