DVR 625 to DVD - HELP

smwmustang

Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I am new to this forum so sorry if this is already a thread somewhere. I could not find one that matched.

I am wanting to record from my DVR 625 to my DVD recorder and cannot get it to work.

Also, I want to do the same thing on my other TV that does not actually have the 625 hooked up to it. Having the TV on channel 60 seems to be messing things up.

The intructions booklet that came with the 625 was useless.

Thanks,

Shawn

Just think of your DVD recorder as a glorified VCR that uses disks instead of tape. One option would be to put it "in-line" between the 625 and your main TV. From the back of the DVR, run the left and right audio into the DVD recorder, and connect the best possible video cable supported by both the 625 and your DVD recorder (S-video preferred, but the yellow composite if that's your only option).
Now, from the DVD recorder, connect to your TV.
When not recording, the signal will simply pass through the DVD recorder to your TV. When recording, don't let the TV 1 vs. TV 2 thing confuse you. All previously recorded shows will be available through the TV 1 outputs. If you're looking to record something live to DVD, I'd recomend either using tuner 1, or recording it to the DVR 625 first, then later burning it to DVD. You'll wind up with better picture and sound than if you tried to use the co-ax out for TV 2 as a source for your DVD recorder.
Hope that helps!

Wife requests a DVR. Suggestions?

quick: for Mon. Night Football: 622 three tuners?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)