DVR 522 recording problem with voice

Tlewis

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
When I watch a recorded show about 1/2 way through the show the voice is delayed about 3 seconds and is not keeping up with the actors. How can I fix this problem?

You can't... actually the only way you can fix it is to pause the show and press the forward key so it catches up with live tv.

You can usually get it to sync up if you FF or rewind a bit.
This is the most annoying problem with the 522 and I don't understand why it's taking them so damn long to fix it .

itsonthedish said:
You can't... actually the only way you can fix it is to pause the show and press the forward key so it catches up with live tv.

That is the hard way. Just hit the "View TV" button, and it will go to Live TV.

522 Woes

I have gone through 3 different 522's in the past 5 months. My sound and picture are off at about 3 seconds on recorded events and maybe a second on live TV. When I call Dish Network, they act like this is an unknown problem and that I am an isolated case. They are sending someone out on Monday to see if my system is grounded properly. But I know good and well that that ain't going to do any good. :no Anyway, let them send their tech guy because I'm not paying for it. Anyway, if they don't get this fixed by the end of the year, I would be willing to try a different kind of receiver or in the worst case, switch back to cable :eek: But I have figured something out that temporarily fixes the sync problem at least for a few hours. First thing in the morning, I hold the power button down for 5 seconds and do a reset. That usually clears up my problem for most of the day. And if it happens again (usually late afternoon or early evening), I repeat the step. It is very annoying to do if you are in the middle of a program but you have to do what you have to do until these DIMWITS over at Dish get off the golf course and fix this issue!!! :)

I actually first noticed this problem just yesterday, but it was from recordings that happened sometime this week. Add this to my list of problems that I've noticed since the last update, hell, since I got the 522 3 months ago *sigh*

Screen flicker during sports whan stats are displayed

522 Issues List For The Past 2 Weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)