DVB World Box & Fortec Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
Just hooked up my DVB USB World Box receiver to my computer (using the loop out on my Fortec Mercury II Receiver). I can't be watching different channels on these two components on the same satellite, right? For example, say I locked in on SBS6 and tuned into to ONN on my television (Fortec Mercury II Receiver) and watched a sports feed (on SBS6) on my computer using the DVB USB World Box. The two systems do not work independently of each other, right? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you are looped out of your Mercury receiver you can only watch the sat that the receiver is on.You can watch two different channels if on the same polarity.

satcustomer said:
Just hooked up my DVB USB World Box receiver to my computer (using the loop out on my Fortec Mercury II Receiver). I can't be watching different channels on these two components on the same satellite, right? For example, say I locked in on SBS6 and tuned into to ONN on my television (Fortec Mercury II Receiver) and watched a sports feed (on SBS6) on my computer using the DVB USB World Box. The two systems do not work independently of each other, right? Thanks in advance for your help.

Someone will correct me if I'm wriong, but you can watch 2 different channels on the same sat, and same polarity. LBNF maybe different than Big dish tho, so someone with more knolege will verifiy that.

Well, it very simple, since the fortec will be powering the LNB in this configuration, if it's an LNB that uses voltage polarity switching you'll only be getting the signals from one polarity and that will be whichever polarity the Fortec is tuned to at the moment. So what bryanw20 says is correct as long as the signals are on the same polarity and of course the same satellite your okay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVBWorld Software ? (Nextorm)

Abc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)