dumb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I live in a condo complex, and get awesome HDTV off-the-air reception for my local stations. I'm not interested in basic cable stuff / dish network, etc. but would be very interested in receiving HBO just on its own... I see that several C-Band providers are selling it for like $13 a month.

So... I'm wondering... would it be possible to use a 35" or so dish and rotor (I can't go much bigger without the HOA coming after me), connect it to a F2A receiver, and then purchase the HBO subscription for $13 from someone like Superstar and get the HBO along with the free F2A programming available via satellite? How much would that kind of setup cost me? Any recommended models of receivers and dish?

As I said, I really don't want to go back to Dish / DirecTV... I want to experience the first generation signal quality that I could get this way if it were possible.

The HBO signal is very finicky. You'll need a 10 foot dish for best reception.

Which sat would this be on?

skierrob said:
I live in a condo complex, and get awesome HDTV off-the-air reception for my local stations. I'm not interested in basic cable stuff / dish network, etc. but would be very interested in receiving HBO just on its own... I see that several C-Band providers are selling it for like $13 a month.

So... I'm wondering... would it be possible to use a 35" or so dish and rotor (I can't go much bigger without the HOA coming after me), connect it to a F2A receiver, and then purchase the HBO subscription for $13 from someone like Superstar and get the HBO along with the free F2A programming available via satellite? How much would that kind of setup cost me? Any recommended models of receivers and dish?

As I said, I really don't want to go back to Dish / DirecTV... I want to experience the first generation signal quality that I could get this way if it were possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Classic vs. Fortec Ultra.

Happy Thanksgiving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)