dual lnb + motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amyo

Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Chicago
So, it turns out I want to connect two devices to my satellite. So I need a dual lnb. Now how do I connect that up to the motor? The motor (SG2100) has one
input from the lnb and 1 output to the receiver. Do I connect only 1 of the lnb outputs to the motor? Which means that only one of the receivers can use the motor with the other getting the unmotorized lnb output?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Amy

correct

one receiver can control the motor and the other is "slaved" (can only see what satellite the main one decides)

crude drawing attached :)
"M" meaning motor

Last edited:
Thanks. Now I have to decide, the Coolsat 4000, or the skystar pci card in myth? I think I'll go with the coolsat on the motor until I can prove that myth will handle the USALS correctly.

Amy

amyo - I was in the same boat. As a matter of fact I'll probably end up with both.

The big deal breaker for the PCI card for me was the lack of the blind scan. Sadly I'll probably have the CoolSat hooked up to my PC TV tuner - lol.

Shawn95GT said:
amyo - I was in the same boat. As a matter of fact I'll probably end up with both.

The big deal breaker for the PCI card for me was the lack of the blind scan. Sadly I'll probably have the CoolSat hooked up to my PC TV tuner - lol.

I have both a Pansat 2500A and a Twinhan card. Anyway, I think having both a standalone reciever and a PCI card is the best way to go. That way you get the best of both worlds. You have the blind scan capability of the standalone reciever and the ability to do HD and 4:2:2 with the PCI card. If you think about it, the PCI cards are a real bargain as they can be had for under 100 bucks and have the capable to do HD (provided your computer is fairly recent and fast enough). The only DVB stand alone recievers that do HD cost big bucks ($700 range).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STILL can't hit AMC-3 RGGHHHH!!!!

Universal LNBF and Analog Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)