DTV to Cox HD

UnderEstimated

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Well, I had DTV HD at my apartment and went through struggles to get it working and when I finally did, a tree branch grew just long enough to interfere with most of the HD signals.

Anyway, I just switched to Cox HD with 1 Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR receiver and 1 Scientific Atlanta HD receiver. (Both are hooked up with a HDMI cable). So after I got everything hooked up, I was extremely disappointed with the picture quality on SD channels. They looked so bad and pixelated that I thought I was losing my mind. Also, I cannot seem to get the SD channels to stretch properly across the screen. The zoom feature zooms in too far and cuts off too much stuff. Is there another way of doing this?

Also, the channel guide looks terrible and some characters are hard to read. Are there any plans for Cox to make this a HD display? Maybe I was just spoiled with DTV, but now it's hard to read what some titles say. All in all, I've been fairly disappointed but I'd love to at least get my SD channels to stretch across the screen so I don't get burn-in lines on my 50" plasma.

Thanks in advance.

Did you do the setup on the DVR? I had issues when I first got this DVR till I did a google search, and found how to enter the setup menu for setting the video (480p/720/1080I).

To enter the HD Setup wizard on the box
1. Turn off the BOX
2. Press the Guide, and INFO button

Then follow the on screen instructions.

This should help..

I do not understand why COX does not write the setup menu instructions in the manual?

You would think they would have those instructions. They have hardly made any changes other than adding HD capabilities and DVR to their boxes since rolling out Digital cable in like 1997..and it shows (crappy Channel Guide etc).

I have got mine setup pretty good, but compared to pretty much everyone else..Cox is light years behind in tech.

Comcast HD On Demand blur

RTN Comes To Brighthouse Tampabay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)