DTV Dual Tuner setup question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slywuf

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Southern Colorado
Recently my DISH receiver (VIP722K) died and since I wanted to watch TV this weekend and already had a DTV dish and receiver, I figured it was time to switch over to DTV. I installed a slimline model SL3PIG-WNC dish and HR23-700 receiver, got it all lined up and authorized thru DTV.
Now - my previous DISH setup used just one cable from the antenna and then a DPP separator at the receiver to feed both tuners.
My question is.... will this same separator work on my DTV setup, or will I have to run two cables from the antenna to the receiver in order to
hook up both tuners? If that DISH separator does not work for DTV receivers, is there one made for the DTV setup? Also, should my receiver setup be on multiswitch or SWM ? Thanks for the help!

No separator. If you want to use just one wire you need a SWM LNB and power supply, look for a SL3S instead of SL3.

With your LNB you will need to run two wires, or setup the receiver in single tuner mode which obviously only records one a time (or one live and no recordings).

If you get SWM the receiver only needs one wire to run both tuners, no separator or splitter required.

Get the SWM LNB that Jason mentioned, swap it out with the existing one, connect your single line to the LNB, go to the other end, add a Power Inserter, PI has 1 input and 1 output, run from the output to your recvr.
Re run the Sat Set Up and select SWM instead of Multimode.

Is this the only Recvr your using ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changing and Upgrading Setup Advice

H24-700 Receiver no channel icons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)