DP34 Switch Help

patton717

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
I have two legacy receivers and I am trying to install a superdish to receive international channels on 121. I have installed the superdish and have aligned to receive 110, 119 and 121 using a DP34 switch. I have also installed adapters on my receivers.

Here's the problem.. Please help..

I can pick up each sat when I connect one at a time.. if I connect 110 to input 1 then I pickup sat, if I connect 119 to input 1 then I pickup sat, if I connect 121 to input 1 then I pickup sat.

If I connect 110 to input 1 and 119 to input 2.. I pick up 110 only.. If I connect 110 to input 1 and 119 to input 2 and 121 to input 3.. then I get nothing.. Whenever I run check switch.. it never picks up the switch and usually says "no switch detected"..

Any ideas?

make sure your software is current... might have to call tech support to get the software versions for your rcvrs.

Aside from that, sounds like you have a bad DP34.

Welcome aboard!

You don't mention the model numbers of the receivers - might be important.

The software level of the boxes might be an issue, too. Try hooking up 119 directly and letting the boxes upgrade themselves - maybe they'll learn how to handle the DP34.

Please post back receiver models and software levels - before & after. ;)

BTW, your final installation should be 119, 110, 121 for ports 1, 2, 3.

hey!

I'm sure that some here will say no to what I say, but here is how mine is hooked up, 105 - port one, 110 - port two, 119 - port three! When I hook up different, no signals. So, I would say it needs to be that way! :D :cool:

thanks

Thanks to everyone for your replys.. I did contact Dishnet and checked to see if I was on the latest software version, which I am.

I believe my receivers are 3800 upgraded and a 2900 (not at home and trying to remember from memory)..

It seems that Dishnet tech support has very little experience with Superdishes and DP34..

Thanks

Then we're down to a bad switch. I base that on the "no switch detected" message after confirming current software - which supports the DP34.

Check switch is pretty basic. It should show the dp34 even if only one satellite was hooked up. Could be the adapter too, but you have two of those so I'd think at least one of them would work.

Maybe you can find a nice installer or store that will let you "borrow" a dp34 or maybe test yours for you.

Update

I want to thank everyone for their replies and input. I thought I would give you an update.

I went ahead and bought another receiver that was DishPro compatible (DP301). After installing the receiver and running Switch Test, all feeds were found and it worked perfectly. I still have one legacy receiver with an adapter but it will only receive one feed which is the first input port.

I have come to the conclusion the it must be a legacy receiver and adapter problem with the DishPro feeds. I plan to get another receiver..

Thanks to all..

Speakers

watch/record to pc via ATI 9600

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)