DP 013 Receiver SD MPEG 2 and MPEG4 Satellites ?

txsgents

Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
I am sure there is probably a thread about this somewhere and I apologize for missing it... in my searches... but I searched...
Dish Network MPEG 4 Satellite Conversions..
DP013 SD MPEG 2 and 110 and 119 Switching to MPEG4
and I just did not find what I was looking for
So let me apologize for my mistake.if I did..... in advance.. and if I am in the wrong location.. please let me know where it should be ... or if you have to move it for me.... thanks a lot... for doing that and again I apologize for causing the extra work...

I just activated this receiver...DP013 pointing at.. 110, 119, 129.. on a 1000.2 dish... and I also have a Dish 3000 Mpeg 2 SD receiver that I have been running since the 3000 came out... and yes... I have a DP 211 dual tuner receiver also connected to the 1000.2 dish.. The Dish 3000.. is using 2 single dual legacy lnbs on a dish 500..
I was reading a thread about.. East Coast.. 1000.4 Eastern Arc dishes and east coast people pointing at 110, 119 satellites and there was a discussion about.. How the East Coast Satellites are all MPEG4.... and that sales was not allowing activation of SD receivers... even if they were pointed at 110 and 119. but a CSR said. they did anyway... will not get into that discussion....lol

Are we who have and own Dish Network SD Mpeg 2 receivers going to have to worry about.. 110 and 119 going MPEG 4 also?
Are we going to be forced to lease or purchase our own Mpeg 4 Receiver to replace our SD Mpeg 2 receivers? Or will Dish.. always
provide SD Mpeg 2 signal/ MPEG4 also?...... on their 110 and 119....Satellites....
My concerns are.. will I be forced to replace my 2 Mpeg 2 SD receivers .. or will they be like Timex and keep on ticking...lol...
One I have in the garage and one I have in a bedroom both connected to Picture tube.. non digital TVs... That keep on ticking.. thanks to a tv tech friend of mine..who has fixed them when they stop... for free... that is a good friend...
I do hope I am making sense... on this... and thanks to any and all who respond to this.... it is appreciated lots..
txsgents

Last edited:
All the QPSK-only receivers (basically anything older than the 111/311/311k/322/512/522/625) will eventually be obsolete. Receivers that are already activated will work for a while until the 8PSK conversion. Any unactivated SD receivers which are not listed above will not be able to be activated anymore. Dish may have offers for you if you still have these obsolete receivers. I would recommend contacting DIRT if you would like more information.

If you are forced to switch to the EA dish, Dish will upgrade your not only your dish setup but any receiver currently on your account that will not work for free. You may be forced to EA, but you will not be forced to pay for it. Also, I am not sure what receiver you have that you refer to DP013, just interested in what it could be.

All the QPSK-only receivers (basically anything older than the 111/311/311k/322/512/522/625) will eventually be obsolete. Receivers that are already activated will work for a while until the 8PSK conversion. Any unactivated SD receivers which are not listed above will not be able to be activated anymore. Dish may have offers for you if you still have these obsolete receivers. I would recommend contacting DIRT if you would like more information.

If you are forced to switch to the EA dish, Dish will upgrade your not only your dish setup but any receiver currently on your account that will not work for free. You may be forced to EA, but you will not be forced to pay for it. Also, I am not sure what receiver you have that you refer to DP013, just interested in what it could be.

probably a 301.13 as opposed to a 301.05 or a 301.10.......i.e. a dp301...lol

THanks for all the info.. it is appreciated... Here I thought I was giving all the necessary info.. and I think I left out some info.... misled.. talking about the Eastern Arc.. my bad.. That article made me curious about if there is a date that they plan on doing the same thing to 110 and 119....
I live in TX... I have Wesern Arc... which was why I asked if they were going to be....anytime soon converting 110, 119, to Mpeg4/8psk conversion... Has it already been scheduled to be done? I guess I better start shopping for bargains..sigh....lol..

all the input was and is appreciated.. thanks...
txsgents

None of the SD receivers will work on EA. 110/119 will transition to 8PSK/MPEG2 sooner or later. When this occurs, anything older than the previously mentioned SD receivers will no longer work. It will be a very long time before 110/119 are MPEG4-only, since Dish is still installing the receivers previously mentioned.

Thanks for the time and patience.... and for the great info... good to know.. I have more time to hunt for newer receivers.... at bargain prices... thanks so much...
txsgents

Thanks for the time and patience.... and for the great info... good to know.. I have more time to hunt for newer receivers.... at bargain prices... thanks so much...
txsgents

If you wait and Dish contacts you to switch the receivers, they should be free (my 722 was). It may be better to wait, how upset would you get if you buy another receiver and that needs to get replaced as well?

Thanks for the Input...... Do they give it to you for free.. you own it.. or you pay a montly Rental Fee for that Free Receiver.. ?

I really do appreciate all the info.. everyone has offered...a lot....
txsgents

Hopper/Joey Not Talking I Guess

Dish Chat News!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)