Does vip 222k have on demand

The question is, "Why not?" I always thought that the Ethernet port on VIP receivers was put there expressly for this purpose. After all, "VIP" stands for Video over IP.

Another opportunity missed IMHO is the use of that wireless USB adapter for the 522/625.

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. I just wanted to give props to garys; that was correct information. In order to get VOD content, you do need to have a DVR receiver. The 222K's ethernet port is used to access our interactive services.

Keep up the good work, garys!

Wow MikeL, you seem to have commented on every single post to introduce yourself and give props to someone

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. I just wanted to give props to garys; that was correct information. In order to get VOD content, you do need to have a DVR receiver. The 222K's ethernet port is used to access our interactive services.

Keep up the good work, garys!

Hey, Mike, I liked your response. What's the word on the 222 and 222K ever becoming DVR enabled like the 211K? This was a promise of Dish, and like all their promises it is VERY late.

Hey, Mike, I liked your response. What's the word on the 222 and 222K ever becoming DVR enabled like the 211K? This was a promise of Dish, and like all their promises it is VERY late.

I believe Scott mentioned in the past the 222 will not be able to be converted to a DVR since there are different hardware versions (but have the same model number) and the older versions would not be able to support DVR functionality.

Hey folks! Anthony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. Just to expand on some of the ideas in here, wanted to pitch in a little bit. VOD content requires a hard drive as it is not "streamed" to the box but already loaded on the box. In order for VOD content to load, the DVR receiver will need to be powered off between 1 am and 9 am at some point during the week (typically this is good enough) and the box will update the VOD content. Also, to expand on the ethernet connectivity, it does (as mentioned before) allow you to order VOD/PPV content from the remote, but it also gives the overall health of the receiver to DISH Network, usually "calling in" once a month, which helps in troubleshooting and knowing if the box itself has determined it needs replaced. Pretty neat stuff. Hope this was useful!

Hey folks! Anthony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. Just to expand on some of the ideas in here, wanted to pitch in a little bit. VOD content requires a hard drive as it is not "streamed" to the box but already loaded on the box. In order for VOD content to load, the DVR receiver will need to be powered off between 1 am and 9 am at some point during the week (typically this is good enough) and the box will update the VOD content. Also, to expand on the ethernet connectivity, it does (as mentioned before) allow you to order VOD/PPV content from the remote, but it also gives the overall health of the receiver to DISH Network, usually "calling in" once a month, which helps in troubleshooting and knowing if the box itself has determined it needs replaced. Pretty neat stuff. Hope this was useful!

So if i plug in my hard drive to the box i will have vod on my 222k?

222k does not support the EHD.

That would make it too much like the 722k and Dish would lose tickytacky fee money.

Even if it did have the EHD, the VOD does not work on that type of receiver with EHD, it has to have an internal HDD with a VOD partition.

Hard drive size on replacement 922

Top Chef All-stars....Lost....Then Found

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)