Does the 625 have an HDMI output?

puttsthree

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
I have done a search through the threads but did not find this anywhere (if you can send a link to this info that is fine also). I was looking at the back of the 625 and noticed an HDMI ouput (at least I think it is and hdmi output). It does not mention this in the manual.

Can it be used, and if so what output does it provide (the same as the s-video, better, or worse)?

I have done a search through the threads but did not find this anywhere (if you can send a link to this info that is fine also). I was looking at the back of the 625 and noticed an HDMI ouput (at least I think it is and hdmi output). It does not mention this in the manual.

Can it be used, and if so what output does it provide (the same as the s-video, better, or worse)?
HDMI= High Definition Multimedia Interface DVR 625 is a SD DVR so it can't deliver a HDMI source. Did you mean to type a VIP622 that does have a HDMI connector seeing it is a HDDVR.

I am talking about the DVR-625 (DVR 2 tuner), but it looks like what I thought was an hdmi is a USB port. What is the USB port used for?

USB Port on the 625 is used for nothing at this time.

USB port on the VIP622 and 722 are used for extra DVR storage as of about a month ago.

HD is only as good as the weakest link. So if you have a SD TV and HD receiver and programming you'll still get SD. The same goes if the rec is SD like the 625 is so it wouldn't matter anyway.

722 Now, or wait?

2nd HDTVs with 2 HD-DVRs Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)