Does low source voltage = signal loss?

Rlloyd20

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Los Barriles, Baja Mexico
Every time it gets below 10 degrees up here in Idaho, we lose signal on our 622 DVR. I replaced the LNB and it seemed to work for a couple of weeks until it got bitterly cold outside again.

One thing I noticed in our community is that our property voltage gets really low probably due to all the electric heaters running. Could this be why we lose signal every time it gets cold?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ron

Rlloyd20 said:
Every time it gets below 10 degrees up here in Idaho, we lose signal on our 622 DVR. I replaced the LNB and it seemed to work for a couple of weeks until it got bitterly cold outside again.

One thing I noticed in our community is that our property voltage gets really low probably due to all the electric heaters running. Could this be why we lose signal every time it gets cold?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ron

Yup, sure does.

How low is the voltage? I believe the NEC calls for anywhere between 108 and 132 volts.

Call your hydro company and complain... if the voltage is indeed dropping below their threshold, they may fix it. I question whether this is the cause of the signal loss. Does the receiver reboot??? Any computers etc.. that crash with the voltage drops?? lights dimming?? Obviously the tv is staying on as you see the message. I'd suspect corroded cable issue somewhere. Does checkswitch at signal loss show a connection to the dish? How long do you lose the signal for and what resolves it?

I also would suspect a cable issue. The LNBF power is considered low voltage. It doesn't require much power at all. If you are having issues with power, your 622 would likely fail before the lnb would.

722 and Slingbox Pro HD and Sling Adapter

Need Help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)